• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wheel & Tire Insurance

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
What’s the best wheel and tire insurance in terms of deductibles, number of claims per year, cosmetic coverage, loaner vehicle, price, comprehensive vs. collision, etc.? I got an estimate of $1,076 for seven years with no deductible etc. from a company (Fidelity) my dealership offers.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Look up consumer reviews on these companies. Most tire dealers offer road hazard warrantie. How often do you really curb your wheels or hit potholes in your area? A bunch of factors should go into deciding if you want to pay for this snake oil crap. It's not going to cover regular tire replacements from normal wear.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My dealer is $895.

This covers...

Wheels
Tires
Curbed wheels (Cap at $600 of instances)
Pointless dent repair
Windshield cracks (small)
Road side assistance for 5 years.

The rules are that the wheel and tire must be the either to stock wheel and tire or the same specifications.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My dealer is $895.

This covers...

Wheels
Tires
Curbed wheels (Cap at $600 of instances)
Pointless dent repair
Windshield cracks (small)
Road side assistance for 5 years.

The rules are that the wheel and tire must be the either to stock wheel and tire or the same specifications.
I think this is through Assurant.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Your car insurance should cover any glass and dent repairs and offer roadside. Also, who is really going to keep the stock wheels and tires on the car? Let's face it, we all get that modding bug at some point.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Some folks aren’t really into modding, myself included. I’m more in the OEM+ crowd. If I get a set of 18’s it’ll be to have a more comfortable (and less pothole worry) setup for road trips and such. They’d have to look cool too, of course. But anyway, I can understand wanting to protect the OEM wheels. I’m a fan of them and think Honda did a great job.

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Some folks aren’t really into modding, myself included. I’m more in the OEM+ crowd. If I get a set of 18’s it’ll be to have a more comfortable (and less pothole worry) setup for road trips and such. They’d have to look cool too, of course. But anyway, I can understand wanting to protect the OEM wheels. I’m a fan of them and think Honda did a great job.
And the cost of insurance is less than that to replace a wheel and tire.

Shingo_Shoji

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
I bought the one through Assurant. I hit a stray tow strap at night that was in the middle of the highway, Cracked a front wheel, bent the other and took out two tires. they covered the tow, 2 tires, wheel and bend repair. Would have been $1,700 out of pocket

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
I had a wheel tire plan through Allstate car Care (Purchased through the dealer for $895) That plan replaced 1 tire that got a nail in the sidewall, 1 bent aftermarket wheel, (OE Width and diameter) and refinished 2 of the stock wheels after I had my first ever run in with a curb just 2 weeks after taking delivery of the car. Overall out of pocket it would have cost me around $950 however if I didn't have my autocross set up in the car with me when I got the flat I would have also had to pay for a tow too. That specific plan covers aftermarket wheels up to 10% different in size from OE specs

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I bought the one through Assurant. I hit a stray tow strap at night that was in the middle of the highway, Cracked a front wheel, bent the other and took out two tires. they covered the tow, 2 tires, wheel and bend repair. Would have been $1,700 out of pocket
Was the policy through your car dealership or an independent insurance agent?

I hit a dead deer in the road coming around a bend at night against opposing traffic doing 45 mph. Shattered the front lower fascia as I tried straddle it in my S2000. Probably should have tried to drive over it with the left front wheel, but it happened too quickly to think. Insurance paid all ($2,800 for parts, labor, tow and fumigation). The worst part was the smell from the animal that coated the entire underside including the hot exhaust. I’ll never eat venison again!

Shingo_Shoji

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Was the policy through your car dealership or an independent insurance agent?

I hit a dead deer in the road coming around a bend at night against opposing traffic doing 45 mph. Shattered the front lower fascia as I tried straddle it in my S2000. Probably should have tried to drive over it with the left front wheel, but it happened too quickly to think. Insurance paid all ($2,800 for parts, labor, tow and fumigation). The worst part was the smell from the animal that coated the entire underside including the hot exhaust. I’ll never eat venison again!
This was a wheel and tire warranty bought through the dealership from assurant warranty
Sponsored