• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where to put sunglasses?

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Where are you guys keeping sunglasses in the FL5-R? Ive been putting them back in the sunglass case every time as i dont want them sliding all around on the wireless charger. Anybody seen anything good aftermarket that can help?
Sponsored

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
In case and cupholder/armrest depending on where and how long I'm parking.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8B449WT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I went with that. It holds two.

An adjustment for me has been the lack of places to put stuff. I really need to do something about my phone. I'm thinking about getting one of the vent clips.
Ditto!! I had just come from a Honda CRV -- where there are pockets, stashes, compartments within the stashes, and even trap-door hidden compartments all within easy reach of the driver... now, i can't even figure out where to put a pair of glasses for easy reach. :( Knowing this was a Honda, i figured there would be a sunglasses stash... or, at least a loop or hook somewhere to attach a zipper case. That would have been fine for me.

But, if having a sunglass stash would have meant giving up my red seat belts?
well...

hmmm...

not so sure...
😛

OP
OP
LaFlamaBlanca

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8B449WT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I went with that. It holds two.

An adjustment for me has been the lack of places to put stuff. I really need to do something about my phone. I'm thinking about getting one of the vent clips.
was reading some reviews and a couple people complain about those if you have thin arms such as raybans/aviators…you know ya boi be stylin

found these, seem to have better reviews and no issues with thin arms: Limited-time deal: KIWEN Sunglasses Holders for Car Sun Visor, Magnetic Leather Glasses Eyeglass Hanger Clip for Car, Ticket Card Clip Eyeglasses Mount, Car Visor Accessories(Black) https://a.co/d/cEoeGzm

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
was reading some reviews and a couple people complain about those if you have thin arms such as raybans/aviators…you know ya boi be stylin

found these, seem to have better reviews and no issues with thin arms: Limited-time deal: KIWEN Sunglasses Holders for Car Sun Visor, Magnetic Leather Glasses Eyeglass Hanger Clip for Car, Ticket Card Clip Eyeglasses Mount, Car Visor Accessories(Black) https://a.co/d/cEoeGzm
I can confirm it isn't the greatest with with thin arms.

I'll probably just get the biggie smalls Versace shades so it works out.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Looking at the sun visor reminds me... Is there a way to remove that big, yellow safety warning that comes on the sun visor, or do i have to live with it? It looks really crappy when using the visor. :(

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Ditto!! I had just come from a Honda CRV -- where there are pockets, stashes, compartments within the stashes, and even trap-door hidden compartments all within easy reach of the driver... now, i can't even figure out where to put a pair of glasses for easy reach. :( Knowing this was a Honda, i figured there would be a sunglasses stash... or, at least a loop or hook somewhere to attach a zipper case. That would have been fine for me.

But, if having a sunglass stash would have meant giving up my red seat belts?
well...

hmmm...

not so sure...
😛
I still have mine so I can relate. The 2nd gen CR-V especially was full of quirks like that handbrake, the folding cupholder tray, and the best of them all, a boot floor which turned into a picnic table (I use it as my computer desk lol). A lot of people are going to hate me for saying this, but the CTR interior almost feels bland in comparison. Too Germanic in my opinion. Quality and look wise yeah it is more timeless, but it is missing that "JDM" vibe of the 90s-00s if you ask me. Not that I don't like the interior, I love it, but coming from a car full of quirky storage spaces and features, I was expecting something a little more. Oh, back to topic, I don't use sunglasses so I don't mind lol.

Etherol

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting back in them
I picked up ProClip's mount and sunglasses holder, which clips to the sun visor. I have been a fan of ProClip for quite some time and now only buy from them when it comes to mounting in my cars. I installed the mount and the iPhone magnetic holder just two days ago in my CTR, and so far, I love it, as I have all my other purchases. I recommend ProClip!
Sponsored