• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Right NOBODY has complained about the engine...its the looks or lack of distinguishing looks for me. Damn thing even uses the same wheels as the Sport. Perhaps they will come in a different finish cause at this point I will just take the ST Hatch...with a manual if Honda doesnt disappoint me there.
Basically this. You can tune the ST to something close to the Si. You lose the LSD, but worth the trade off imo.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I guess Honda will use low SI sales as an excuse to offer a CVT with the next gen SI.
At this point i doubt we get another ICE Civic after this 11th gen...sad the SI will go out like this lol

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Right NOBODY has complained about the engine...its the looks or lack of distinguishing looks for me. Damn thing even uses the same wheels as the Sport. Perhaps they will come in a different finish cause at this point I will just take the ST Hatch...with a manual if Honda doesnt disappoint me there.
I dont think you'll be disappointed. The ST hatch was always available with a manual trans here in Canada. Then the US got it a couple years into the gen. I doubt they'd roll back on it.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I dont think you'll be disappointed. The ST hatch was always available with a manual trans here in Canada. Then the US got it a couple years into the gen. I doubt they'd roll back on it.
With a minor tune the ST is essentially going to be the Si hatch we probably won't get... what would be interesting is if they just gave the ST the Si tuned engine (minus the LSD), continue to call it the Sport Touring, and have the manual and auto available for those that want ALL the features of the touring plus most of the Si performance. That leaves the Si Sedan as the more affordable, slightly more performance oriented, but lesser equipped offering for those that want a more pure sport experience without all the frills while also giving an alternative to those that wanted an automatic option for the Si.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Doesn’t the Si also have some beefed up engine parts to handle the higher torque? And maybe a slightly smaller turbo? It’s not just an engine tune.

the reason I say that is that the Si with the same power as a tuned up ST would probably be more reliable over time and have a higher tuning ceiling.

which is not to say I wouldn’t opt for the ST hatch + tune over the Si anyway… I just wouldn’t feel quite as comfortable with the reliability over time.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
As someone who generally likes the more toned-down looks of the 11th gen and will almost certainly be upgrading to the 11th gen Si, my main impressions looks-wise are:

1. those wheels are damn ugly, would love to swap to the touring wheels with someone. Or just do what I really want to do and get grey Konig Hypergrams.

2. Some people will definitely be psyched about the sonic grey being available on the Si. Anyone know how it holds up against chips? Still would be hard to beat the dark metallic grey option that was available on the 10th gen. Burnt orange would also be on my menu assuming they actually produce it and if I can find one not too marked up. I'm never getting the white again.

3. Not having that drooping front nose on the Si is a good call. A better call would have been not having it any model. Before this reveal, that nose was a big mental block for me when I was considering whether I would upgrade to 11th gen Si.

4. The exhaust tips are too small - I would almost call them "dainty" looking. Not sporty or premium looking

Last edited:

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Ugh. Bland for a Sport themed vehicle. Looks like it’ll be the Sport Touring hatchback for me.
I am keeping my expectations tempered for the Hatchback, based on what we see here with the SI. I hope they reveal all the hatchback details next week.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Doesn’t the Si also have some beefed up engine parts to handle the higher torque? And maybe a slightly smaller turbo? It’s not just an engine tune.

the reason I say that is that the Si with the same power as a tuned up ST would probably be more reliable over time and have a higher tuning ceiling.

which is not to say I wouldn’t opt for the ST hatch + tune over the Si anyway… I just wouldn’t feel quite as comfortable with the reliability over time.
This is a great question, although I could be wrong I believe the Si will have better parts not just the LSD. Some of the differences may be that the Si has larger front brake rotors, stiffer front & rear springs, Stiffer mounts, same bushings as Type-R, same control rods as Type-R, better rear stabilizer, Si specific seats, higher intake, higher flowing exhaust, shorter throw, better linkage, lower compression rate, higher capacity turbo, more boost, flux capacitor etc.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
This is a great question, although I could be wrong I believe the Si will have better parts not just the LSD. Some of the differences may be that the Si has larger front brake rotors, stiffer front & rear springs, Stiffer mounts, same bushings as Type-R, same control rods as Type-R, better rear stabilizer, Si specific seats, higher intake, higher flowing exhaust, shorter throw, better linkage, lower compression rate, higher capacity turbo, more boost, flux capacitor etc.
All the improved tech/performance specs will be great. But if a cars looks don't stir your emotions a little does any of that matter?

This 11th gen is lacking in that area IMO.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I need to see more Si photos, looks like a disappointment to me so far

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Ehh....if no Si hatch I’ll wait to see if the ST has a 6MT and if I like that overall look. If not I’ll look at the Elantra gt’s
Sponsored