• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
That reveal should be very interesting for the brand.

“Some people are saying…” that in an increasingly SUV market, a brand that’s done far better with their SUVs than sedans should’ve added another SUV to their lineup.

If this new Acura sedan doesn’t excite I’m getting an SUV and something else fun to drive in the summers. An electric Grom would be my preference Honda … in case you’re listening… jk… we all know you aren’t lol.
Well they do need a gateway model in the brand and the Compact sedan can really do and help. They will sell a lot if it’s priced correctly. Also there were rumours that Acura will launch a SUV smaller then the RDX. It would be the CDX from China though once it gets a full redesign. Acura has a lot of interesting things going on right now and the hype around them reminds me of the 80’s and 90’s of the brand.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
People, including auto journalists who presumably should know better, talk like Honda doesn’t do this or that to the Si because it will “steal sales from the Type R.” No, they don’t do it because these are low-volume cars and it does not make sense to dump a bunch of development dollars into them. CTR does because it acts as a “halo car” that works for branding and to impart credibility to other models. Beyond that we’re kind of lucky some engineers and execs at American Honda have been able to keep the Si alive at all. If it weren’t a bit of a parts bin car then it wouldn’t survive.
This parts bin thing is also why the Si is such a steal. My 2020 has a moonroof, upgraded stereo and LEDs for $26k. Try getting that in a WRX and it’s like $34k.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
Since the sedan is 6 months ahead of the hatch they could release an Si hatch next year. Honda Canada wouldn’t know about it if so. But I think Honda will disappoint.
Si will be on sale in October.

Last edited:

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Honda already stated that the Si would be manual only during the sedan reveal. So I don't think anyone has anything to worry about, unless the honda reps were just blatantly lying. Honda definitely is missing a chance at making an Si hatch... they could've done a manual only si sedan and made the sport touring hatch into an Si touring with manual and auto options and would've made a lot more people happy having both a more scaled down Si on offer as well as a fully loaded option.
Good point, and it will be interesting to see if there is a greater gap in power between the Sport Touring and the Si in the new generation. I love my Si, but I will be tempted to go Sport Touring manual in the 11th gen, for the upgraded interior and infotainment. Especially since I know I'll be able to tune the ST if I want extra power. :). The loss of the LSD would be a factor too, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make in a daily.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Good point, and it will be interesting to see if there is a greater gap in power between the Sport Touring and the Si in the new generation. I love my Si, but I will be tempted to go Sport Touring manual in the 11th gen, for the upgraded interior and infotainment. Especially since I know I'll be able to tune the ST if I want extra power. :).
That's kind of where I'm at with the new gen. Keep my 19' coupe or go for the ST hatch and tune for extra power to make up for the deficit in the quickness so I can get all the new features.

Reactions: mjh

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Good point, and it will be interesting to see if there is a greater gap in power between the Sport Touring and the Si in the new generation. I love my Si, but I will be tempted to go Sport Touring manual in the 11th gen, for the upgraded interior and infotainment. Especially since I know I'll be able to tune the ST if I want extra power. :). The loss of the LSD would be a factor too, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make in a daily.
LSD makes a huge difference - although might be ok if you put aggressive summer tires on the ST. I had PS AS3s but they spun a lot.

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
That's kind of where I'm at with the new gen. Keep my 19' coupe or go for the ST hatch and tune for extra power to make up for the deficit in the quickness so I can get all the new features.
There isn't a single new feature in the 11th gen that would make me give up my coupe.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
This parts bin thing is also why the Si is such a steal. My 2020 has a moonroof, upgraded stereo and LEDs for $26k. Try getting that in a WRX and it’s like $34k.
To me, this is not a good example, the WRX comes with AWD and much more power.

Better to compare to the Korean FWD semi-sporty cars, or just say that not even Nissan or Toyota have such a nice car with equivalent sportiness.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
To me, this is not a good example, the WRX comes with AWD and much more power.

Better to compare to the Korean FWD semi-sporty cars, or just say that not even Nissan or Toyota have such a nice car with equivalent sportiness.
WRX is 400 lb heavier so it feels no quicker - it has a better 0-60 only cause of the AWD launch. You can get a WRX for $27k but if you want those features an Si has you have to buy a Limited with nav package for $35,100. Ridiculous. That’s why I didn’t buy one. Same with a GTI. That’s what I mean, Honda threw in must have features that no other car under $34k has.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
WRX is 400 lb heavier so it feels no quicker - it has a better 0-60 only cause of the AWD launch.
I get that you are talking about a value/content proposition.

I'm just counterpointing that the WRX is significantly quicker overall, AND has the benefit of AWD.

Generally, Civic Si only clears the 1/4 at 93mph, the WRX is about 99mph, which would put it several car lengths ahead in any kind of race.

I get what you mean by weight, I went from a GTI to a significantly quicker (on paper) Q60 AWD, but the Q60 weighs much, much more than a GTI and feels heavy. But, it'll still smoke my old GTI, even though the GTI "felt" more snappy.

Ben757

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If the 2022 Civic Si is a sedan, will it be available in automatic?

Any info/updates?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
If the 2022 Civic Si is a sedan, will it be available in automatic?

Any info/updates?
I believe they said quite a while ago it would be manual only (along with the R).

Si will be the only way to get a manual sedan I guess.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I believe they said quite a while ago it would be manual only (along with the R).

my theory is Honda doesn’t want to have to make huge volumes of Si’s cause it’s probably not very profitable, that’s why they don’t bother developing an auto.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si

"Back in the day", you could get Prelude Si and Civic del Sol Si in automatic.

Seeing as how Honda has only seen fit to equip the Civics with CVTs, it's probably best the Si is MT only.

Ever since the 10Gen was revealed, I have been saying the Si should use the Accord 2.0T engine, they could even pair it with the 10AT and finally offer a powerful, automatic Si.....

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Ever since the 10Gen was revealed, I have been saying the Si should use the Accord 2.0T engine, they could even pair it with the 10AT and finally offer a powerful, automatic Si.....
The Acura guy in the meeting says:

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Confirms 2022 Civic Si Will Be Sedan Only 1624859830681
Sponsored