• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I’d prefer a better infotainment software. 10th gen software is POS. But I absolutely hate the tombstone style screen. It’s like the worst trend in the auto industry. And the honeycomb vent looks pretty, but it’s a pain to clean. Maybe Qtip?
Not the worst, see the new WRX console. Or the buttonless Mk8 GTI. Glad Honda didn’t go that route.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Not the worst, see the new WRX console. Or the buttonless Mk8 GTI. Glad Honda didn’t go that route.
The buttonless MK8 really annoys me lol. Every time I look at it I’m like how can something like this get approve when it honestly looks to distract the driver more.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Though I’m not huge on the 11th gens, I really like the looks of this CTR. I think the more subdued base design of the hatchback lends itself better to the CTR flourishes. Though I may sound like a hypocrite with sport hatchback that looks like a wannabe Type R, I was never sold on the styling. It was just a tad too much for me. This looks more my style though. The aggressive elements on a cleaner canvas just appeals more to me. It’s definitely going to be the best looking 11th gen.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
LET'S GO, FINALLY THEY SAID SOMETHING!! So looks like they are keeping the 3 exhaust design, that spoiler must just be for testing though because it's not a stock looking fully connected one, it looks like it's adjustable, same as before to probably find the ideal height for the real spoiler, I know nothing about that, that's just my guess
I think that’s actually the production wing.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
I think this thing looks awesome. I love the wheels, I love the exhaust look (middle pipe is larger than the outer two, where the 10th gen the center pipe was smaller than the outer two), and I love the refinement. Smaller wing, smaller front fender vents, big intake in the grill area. For me, it's not whether or not I will get one, it's when will I get one.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Looks to me that the car is still wearing 20" wheels in the pics. I hope aftermarket 19" wheels will still fit, cuz it sucks to use 20".
Yes. 19s (and 18s) should fit fine since it's still 5x120.

Gonna run staggered for the summer with 275/305s

Already got TE37s and Titan 7s on order lol

stefdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2011 Chrysler 300
I work at the Honda auto plant in Indy, looks like the new hatchback that we’re building now. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for all of you that it’s not a hatchback. We’re having insane amounts of issues with the hatches not being flush/lining up with body lines and have about 3,000 built cars sitting in repair lots outside waiting for new hatch comps. Can’t believe how slowly they’re trickling out to dealerships.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic Zero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I work at the Honda auto plant in Indy, looks like the new hatchback that we’re building now. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for all of you that it’s not a hatchback. We’re having insane amounts of issues with the hatches not being flush/lining up with body lines and have about 3,000 built cars sitting in repair lots outside waiting for new hatch comps. Can’t believe how slowly they’re trickling out to dealerships.
Sneak out some assembly pics for us, specially when the Type R starts!

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I’m sticking with my 10th CTR. I feel it has that crazy Japanese Samurai-ish appeal.

The core design of the 11th gen is clearly to have a much more tone down style and I personally feel to ram on some type R bits to such a clean design doesn’t work. I don’t really “dig” the flow at all. Looks like it’s fighting with its identity. It looks confused. A Wall Street banker dressed in a suit with a iron maiden jacket.

just my take on it, that’s all.

Last edited:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Though I’m not huge on the 11th gens, I really like the looks of this CTR. I think the more subdued base design of the hatchback lends itself better to the CTR flourishes. Though I may sound like a hypocrite with sport hatchback that looks like a wannabe Type R, I was never sold on the styling. It was just a tad too much for me. This looks more my style though. The aggressive elements on a cleaner canvas just appeals more to me. It’s definitely going to be the best looking 11th gen.
You just summed up what I've been thinking beautifully. When I first learned about the 10th gen hatch I really wanted one and loved the styling. But the CTR was too much for my tastes and obviously no Si in hatch form so I settled for my sedan. I'm really hoping this 11th gen CTR is the more subdued version relative to the 10th gen.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
was
I love my 2019 CTR because it is so ridiculous... 2023 at first glance looks almost dialed back too much visually, I'll reserve my opinion until I see it without the camo though.
100% man.

10th Gen R is like that 1960s muscle car attitude

11th gen R appears like an Buick with the wing.
Maybe that’s too harsh and I don’t mean to bash on the new R. But man… it looks like an accord with a clothesline on the boot.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
This information is worthy of a thread of it's own, especially if you have anything else to add to it. Very interesting.
Sponsored