• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I'm supposed to get my car back before Thanksgiving, so any day I will get a text from my detailer.
So none the less, I'm really excited to get the car back...:)

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
I stand corrected. Looks like they used a dry brillo pad. Wonder what caused that..

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I stand corrected. Looks like they used a dry brillo pad. Wonder what caused that..
I wonder if it was rubbing against something while in transit? That is not from a car wash or sitting on shore for days.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that is so bad - wtf happened?
I'm not sure, but I think they basically ran it thru a car wash with really own bristles and than hand dried with regular towels, rather than microfiber towels? I don't really know, but I know my detailer would be mad...

in the showroom, the car looks great! as soon as I pulled into the garage and closed the garage doors, I saw those micro scratches....

anyways,
I'm still excited to get my car back tho...

please learn from me mistake!
don't let the dealer wash you car, if you can! :)

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
get ready! :doh:
paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg
I don't remember seeing "Dealer Installed Swirls and Scratches" in the options for this car. My dealer isn't washing mine and keeping all the plastic on it; he brought it up first! I'm going to kindly remind them anyway, just to be sure. This is nuts.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
I'm not sure, but I think they basically ran it thru a car wash with really own bristles and than hand dried with regular towels, rather than microfiber towels? I don't really know, but I know my detailer would be mad...

in the showroom, the car looks great! as soon as I pulled into the garage and closed the garage doors, I saw those micro scratches....

anyways,

Definitely more to this than a car wash. You should reach out to Honda. @tuhroo mentioned Honda would take car of anyone with damage related to sitting at the port.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Idk Iā€™ve seen cars go through a car wash with bristles one time and turn out like that lol. Thatā€™s definitely a crap ton of swirls only made by something physically moving all over the car. I donā€™t think sitting at a port did that.

Definitely more to this than a car wash. You should reach out to Honda. @tuhroo mentioned Honda would take car of anyone with damage related to sitting at the port.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Idk Iā€™ve seen cars go through a car wash with bristles one time and turn out like that lol. Thatā€™s definitely a crap ton of swirls only made by something physically moving all over the car. I donā€™t think sitting at a port did that.
If you look at it closely, its localized and not all over (or so it appears). I still go with transport.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
ufoctr can you confirm if itā€™s local or if itā€™s like that top to bottom. Hard to tell if light isnā€™t shining on all of it

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

anyways,

Dude this makes me sick šŸ¤¢. Definitely going to be having a conversation with my dealer before the car shows up. Thatā€™s unreal.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ufoctr can you confirm if itā€™s local or if itā€™s like that top to bottom. Hard to tell if light isnā€™t shining on all of it
Local to all the easy to reach & horizontal surfacesā€¦roof not as bad as quarter panels and vertical surfaces of doors not as badā€¦so basically where the person washing can apply firm downward pressure is where the deeper scratches areā€¦

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
Dude this makes me sick šŸ¤¢. Definitely going to be having a conversation with my dealer before the car shows up. Thatā€™s unreal.
I recommend everyone to tell their to NOT wash/detail the car whatsoever. The methods and equipment they use are most likely not up to par.
Sponsored