• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Some squeaking surfaced in the front drivers seat of my FL5 during an ACH run over the weekend. Can only hear it by rocking side to side up against the bolsters. I setup an appointment with the dealership to have a look next Monday.
Keep it posted please. I have a bit of squeaky sound coming from similar area!
Sponsored

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
This is nothing new. The FK8 has/had various vibration/rattle and squeak issues. My 2019 FK8 has a few. I suspected the FL5 would end up the same. It is luck of the draw, you might get one without any, you might not. It can be enough to drive you insane!

However, I will say, you can get this on literally any car brand/model and I'm speaking from experience, not just assumption.

jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra 2023 type R 2022 genesis GV80
Badge number #153…so far 600 miles and no rattles, squeaks etc. Hope stays like that. Car before this was a 2021 Toyota Supra with 605whp and that one had 1 o 2 rattles and it wasn’t that bad.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Everyone bear in mind that taking them back to the dealer, them taking the car apart to try to fix this sort of thing can just result in fixing one and gaining several more. Where they've pulled things apart, broken clips and plastic panels are looser etc. It can be a never-ending headache.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Everyone bear in mind that taking them back to the dealer, them taking the car apart to try to fix this sort of thing can just result in fixing one and gaining several more. Where they've pulled things apart, broken clips and plastic panels are looser etc. It can be a never-ending headache.
Good point! Best bet is to carry a passenger to help identify when it happens then hammer whatever is causing it with double sided gorilla tape or a can of jig-a-loo or chain saver.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Update - took it to the dealer yesterday and they agreed there's def an issue with the front drivers seat squeaking and stated they ordered a new seat frame, estimated 2-3 days for the part to come in. I'll report back if this addressed the issue - below is a quick video I posted to point it out.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
That's one that would drive anyone crazy 🤪 Good luck, I hope they are right about it being the frame/rail and are able to fix it for you.

If it's not that then it may be a whole new seat.

Not a good start 😏☹

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
For what its what my 2022 Si driver seat has been creaking for a while too. Might be an 11th gen bucket seat thing.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Update - took it to the dealer yesterday and they agreed there's def an issue with the front drivers seat squeaking and stated they ordered a new seat frame, estimated 2-3 days for the part to come in. I'll report back if this addressed the issue - below is a quick video I posted to point it out.

I have this rattling noise from the driver's side vent and sometimes entire air vents. Sometimes it goes away...

I will try to post a video of this sound too!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Thanks for sharing. Hard to see exactly what you are doing there - just shifting left to right? Definitely annoying and if you can't replicate it in the passenger side then likely an issue with just that seat/rail. Hope they find the fix quickly!

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Yep - simply leaning left and right into the bolsters triggers the squeaking. The service manager seemed pretty confident a new frame would do the trick. This, coupled with parts readily available, made me wonder if this an internally documented issue.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Maybe it's a common issue with 11th gen Civics in general and they use the same main slider/frame? I wouldn't expect them to do something completely different for the Type R so that's encouraging if they already have a potential solution.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
11th Gen Honda Civic Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks! 1669828235128

wouldn't want to buy a new honda and them taking everything apart, the car will never be the same.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
1669828235128.png

wouldn't want to buy a new honda and them taking everything apart, the car will never be the same.
That's a bit too much of a strippin down lol And why will the car never be the same by just installing a seat frame again? lol
Sponsored