• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Confirmed! Upstate South Carolina, my FL5 is gonna be ready for pickup tomorrow. ETA was 12/22-12/24. Bless the great car lords for this surprise. Hoping the rest of you fellas get yours this weekend at the latest so we can all enjoy it together.
Those are a few days after my ETA's. Hopefully mine is a little early as well! Congrats and I can't wait to see some pictures.

ChiefJeef

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic SI
@AspecR Didnt get a chance to tell ya what they told me for my ETA. My contact at the dealer was only able to say the system showed it on the lot yesterday..... But its for sure not. o_O So sounds like its just up in the air and they dont know either or he didnt check the same system you check.Or he didnt want to check it

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
@AspecR Didnt get a chance to tell ya what they told me for my ETA. My contact at the dealer was only able to say the system showed it on the lot yesterday..... But its for sure not. o_O So sounds like its just up in the air and they dont know either or he didnt check the same system you check.Or he didnt want to check it
The system uses a terrible timed inventory update procedure. Honda has never had to deal with this before hence all these issues that shouldn't exist now popping up.

TBH if it was up to me whoever designed the system would be working elsewhere. No reason why a multi-billion dollar company shouldnt be able to accurately track their assets and provide their clientele with real times, accurate updates.

Worst part is they leave up to the dealers and sales staff to pull some BS out of their ass trying to save face.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
The system uses a terrible timed inventory update procedure. Honda has never had to deal with this before hence all these issues that shouldn't exist now popping up.

TBH if it was up to me whoever designed the system would be working elsewhere. No reason why a multi-billion dollar company shouldnt be able to accurately track their assets and provide their clientele with real times, accurate updates.

Worst part is they leave up to the dealers and sales staff to pull some BS out of their ass trying to save face.
So what triggers it to show on the lot? Mine had completely disappeared on Honda’s website 3 days ago. Today it shows back up and says on the lot.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
So what triggers it to show on the lot? Mine had completely disappeared on Honda’s website 3 days ago. Today it shows back up and says on the lot.
IN.Honda uses a variation of the JIT inventory system, so after an allotted time for transit, it will show even if the car is not there, because the system operates under the assumption that the vehicles are transported without issue.

I'm unsure why it affects some states and cars more than others.

It would refresh to back on the lot because IN.Honda did not get an RDR (Retail Delivery Registration) for the VIN even though it might be marked as sold.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Well, my car is loaded on the truck, ETA 12/16 - 12/17. Gonna hit up this driver and ask when he actually will be here soon.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
IN.Honda uses a variation of the JIT inventory system, so after an allotted time for transit, it will show even if the car is not there, because the system operates under the assumption that the vehicles are transported without issue.

I'm unsure why it affects some states and cars more than others.

It would refresh to back on the lot because IN.Honda did not get an RDR (Retail Delivery Registration) for the VIN even though it might be marked as sold.
I just got an update from my salesman and it's here in town at the rail port. He had to call a Honda rep to get an update as it was listed as "in inventory" for the past few weeks. The rep told him the same thing. It's a timed thing and once a certain time has passed it automatically adds it to the dealers inventory. I actually feel badly for the dealers. They are essentially in the same boat we are. I'm sure they want to move these cars so they can get paid. Luckily the dealer I've been working with has been really good with me.