Sponsored

18K Miles In: Quality-of-Life Mods That Made My FL5 Even Better

HOTCHKIS

Member
First Name
Edward
Joined
Apr 20, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
12
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Honda Civic Type R
@JCZ5 I know they're nuts with the price and ADM's and will most likely be a lifetime car for me along with my Type R
Sponsored

 

zumbooruk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
672
Reaction score
623
Location
Ventura CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5, 2014 Chevy Suburban (wife), previous 2007 FA5
@zumbooruk - amazing list of mods! Which front and rear dash cam setup did you get? And how easy was the suma side mirror install?
I researched a lot of dash cams, watched a lot of videos and chose the cheapest 4K $80 on sale after coupon, so far no issue other than it once claimed that the sd card was bad and had to be reformatted.

Miofive S1 Ultra
Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K Front + 4K Rear Full HD Dash Camera
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D2KTJWG6

I also got the hard wire kit for it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRHJQ3WQ

note that my installation sucks as it leaves the wire dangling at the corner of the hatch... there was a more recent video showing how to route it via the existing wire harness route on the driver's side.

This is what I have done. routed the cable along the top of the passenger side, under the trim, so no visible wires inside.

when I reached the center of the hatch, I formed a "Z" with a sharp kink/crease on the cable, and taped it with double sided clear tape, so that when the hatch is open the "Z" opens up, and when closed is folds up horizontally.

though now I regret that I did not watch the video and followed it, much cleaner, I might eventually re-do it.

this is what it looks like closed from the inside looking backwards

IMG_6147.jpg


closed from the rear outside:

IMG_6148.webp


wide open hatch:

IMG_6149.webp


and half open, starting to fold from inside the hatch:

IMG_6150.webp
a video showing a the better way to install:

Check this video out:




Suma install was fairly easy. removing the OEM mirror requires snapping it out, which is always a concern for me since I tend to break snaps. but mirror came out fairly easily. the next step was a bit more difficult. there are four plastic tabs holding the white plastic piece that you have to transfer from the OEM to Suma. was not easy to get the first two released. one kept snapping in while I attempted to do the other. eventually got all four tabs released. once the plastic piece was moved to the Suma mirror, it took a bit of blind aligning to get the mirror back into the housing.

Note that there was a recent thread about defective Suma mirrors. see below

Note that there is a TSP mirror that is not as wide field of view. see below

Hey All,

So i just got my SUMA mirrors in and went to post on one of the fitment threats to get some clarification.. looks like those are all closed now. I wanted to ask if anyone else is having issues with the mirrors moving while driving at speeds above 30mph. I for the life of me cant see ANYTHING out of the mirrors clearly at night because of the movement.. just wondering if this was just me? Defeats the point of having them imo..

I have tried taking them off and on again and pushing them on harder - would love a fix or at least some input.
TSP Wide Angle Anti-Glare Side Mirrors
for 22-26 Civic, 23-26 Integra, & 26+ Prelude


Our new replacement side mirrors for the 22+ Civic, 23+ Integra, and 26+ Prelude just dropped!
This convex glass features a blue anti-glare tint and is designed to install directly into your factory mirror housing while retaining the factory wiring and functions applicable to your trim.


DSCF7943.webp
​
Fitment
VariantFits
Standard22–24 LX, Sport
25–26 LX
Heated23 EX without BSM
23 EX-L without BSM
**2023 only. Honda offered these trims with and without BSM that year.
Heated + BSM22 EX, Touring
22 EX-L, Sport Touring
23 EX with BSM, Touring
23 EX-L with BSM, Sport Touring
24 EX, Touring
24 EX-L, Sport Touring
25–26 Sport, Sport Hybrid, Sport Touring Hybrid
22–26 Si
23–26 Type R
23-26 Integra Base, A-Spec, A-Spec w/ Tech
24-26 Integra Type S
26+ Prelude
​


These are replacement mirrors, not complete assemblies or stick on glass. Your factory mirror unclips from the housing and the new mirror clips into its place. Heated versions plug directly into the existing factory connectors. We've installed these on our own 2026 Prelude, 2023 Type R, and 2022 Accord (different fitment). The 40% increase in field of view is immediately noticeable and the blue anti-glare glass helps reduce glare.

These are one of those mods that makes more of a difference in daily driving than you'd expect. Best of all: no large & pesky logo on the mirrors. Keep your aesthetic clean with less distracting mirrors.
In stock and ready to ship!

https://www.twostepperformance.com/...-antiglare-side-mirrors-for-22-26-honda-civic​
 

nttran98

Senior Member
First Name
Nhan
Joined
Apr 29, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
214
Reaction score
111
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2026 FL5
@Montrix - you are absolutely right! Watched this video to confirm.

Disappointed there is no fix for this, but thank you for confirming it is normal, although super annoying when I like to drive with the windows down.
They have to leave a gap when cold -> it rattles ->so that it would not be too tight when hot.
 

CafeApex

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
102
Reaction score
142
Location
AZ
Vehicle(s)
2025 BB FL5
As someone who drives in comfort daily, I don't know what anyone would find uncomfortable about it to need to change the ADS module first thing.
 

Xmetal

Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
354
Reaction score
403
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S3
As someone who drives in comfort daily, I don't know what anyone would find uncomfortable about it to need to change the ADS module first thing.
It's all subjective and depends on what you have been used to previously. If you're used to driving cushy rolling sofa type of cars, then the stock suspension would be punishing even in comfort mode. Like you, I find comfort mode to be perfectly adequate for daily driving. Even Sport is fine for me. It's the +R mode that is unusable... for my bum. Luckily, there's individual!
Sponsored

 
 







Top