• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
The fake exhaust tips and somewhat similar light shape.
Technically speaking the exhaust aren’t fake on the Civic. Those exhaust surrounds actually have holes in them. The Corolla has fake ones.

The tail lights I feel don’t have similar looking design. Maybe in the LED format.

adc3132

@sheesh_and_destroy
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Gross. I'm so glad I took the plunge and traded up to my 10th gen type R and didn't wait for the 11th gen like I had considered. I don't think you can make that look good in an Si or Type R trim. Like the sport 10th gen hatches still looked pretty rad, so the R built off that pretty easily. But the starting point for this gen is just too blah to come back from, I don't see how you make it look good even with wild body kits or anything.

And of course they decided to bring what appears to be boost blue to the 11th gen non-type R's. If the car actually looked good, I'd be fine with it. Like a 10th gen hatch would be wild in boost blue! But that color does not look good on this new body style at all IMO lol. You pick an eye-catching color for something worth looking at, not just another everyday car on the road like the toyotas they make now in a similar blue. "Oh damn what's that bright car? Oh nvm just a RAV4"

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Hmm. Thought the hatch back might look more interesting in a sporty way than the sedan back.

This looks more interesting in a kind of goofy, bubbly/curvy-lined way. Looks like the Dodge Dart.

Not a big fan. But will be really hard to tell until we see the whole car.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Technically speaking the exhaust aren’t fake on the Civic. Those exhaust surrounds actually have holes in them. The Corolla has fake ones.

The tail lights I feel don’t have similar looking design. Maybe in the LED format.
Seriously? I can see the actual exhaust tip behind them. They are fake.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic HATCHBACK Rear First Revealed Look! AC99002D-E914-4A3F-9BF3-4AC767A2744C-01

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Seriously? I can see the actual exhaust tip behind them. They are fake.
Yes you can what I’m saying if you compare to the Corolla the Civic is more real as they actually are opened rather then closed.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Yes you can what I’m saying if you compare to the Corolla the Civic is more real as they actually are opened rather then closed.
They're both fake, just differently so. Neither is an exhaust tip.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
What a horrible choice by Honda on the exhaust tips. I hate the rear of this car. Too curvy. Happy 10th gen owner here.

Shame on Honda. Hopefully the aftermarket offers good options to fix that.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Are we sure it's the sport touring and not just the touring? It's going to be hard to figure out aftermarket exhausts with those fake tips.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I do like the hatch much more than the sedan... the sedan is just way too dull in the back... the kia stinger vibes I get from the hatch are a big improvement IMO. I also like that color, looks similar to the Boost Blue on the type R... might even be the same color. Fake exhaust is kind of meh considering the sedan actually got normal exhaust finishers... but I could live with it. Still wish it was a true full width tail light, but again, I could live with it.

My biggest issue now is the downgrade in performance already being reported from the Sedan... extra weight and efficiency improvements, despite the power bump to the 1.5T are still showing over half a a second slower to 60 on the sedan (6.8 for the 10th gen vs 7.5 on the 11th according to Car&Driver). This doesn't bode well for the hatch which was already heavier and slower (7 seconds for the 10th gen sport touring) meaning we could see something as slow as 8 seconds to 60 for the sport touring hatch without a more substantial power bump (I'm hoping for the accord's tune of 192hp for the sport touring hatch, or even matching the Si power in leau of an actual Si hatch).

Honda had best in class performance on the civic but seem to have let it slip quite a bit in favor of the more mature vibe... and without a more substantial power bump these initial numbers also bode badly for the Si model which could end up slower than the current 10th gen as well. Between the so-so looks, lack of a coupe model, worse performance, it's keeps making my 10th gen EX coupe seem like a better choice to keep around while we wait for the next gen accord and the new ILX replacement...
You summed up all my thoughts perfectly. I was hoping the 11th gen would nudge the surprisingly good performance of the 10th gen models forward, but it looks to have not only stagnated, but taken a step back. I do believe Honda is really trying to funnel anyone looking for performance into their Acura brand or at the very least, into an SI and Type R.

The combination of snoozy looks and snoozy performance for the 11th gen really kill it for me.
Sponsored