• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jomodoe

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Legs (Extra Hair Edition)
I hope the rest of the world hates the hatch as much as everyone on this forum does. Should make it easier for me to get one, since it seems those who actually like it so far are the minority. I’ll take fake exhaust (***that doesn’t look like a USB***) over fake vents any day of the week.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Are we sure it's the sport touring and not just the touring? It's going to be hard to figure out aftermarket exhausts with those fake tips.
If you zoom in to the right of the photo it says “Sport Touring”

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I hope the rest of the world hates the hatch as much as everyone on this forum does. Should make it easier for me to get one, since it seems those who actually like it so far are the minority. I’ll take fake exhaust (***that doesn’t look like a USB***) over fake vents any day of the week.
Fake vents in the 10th gen were so hideous, that was way worse than any of the styling cues of the new gen imo. The sedan and hatchback aren’t sport versions of the civic, they’re basic utilitarian commuter cars. I’m really surprised so many people are so angry about the car looking like a normal car… that’s literally what a civic has always been, a slightly more enjoyable to drive regular ass car. Unless you get an Si or Type R.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
I largely agree with @HawaiiPunch but making it significantly slower from one generation to the next seems stupid no matter which trim we’re talking about.

if the Si doesn’t get at least a little faster that will be a brutal miss on Honda’s part

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I largely agree with @HawaiiPunch but making it significantly slower from one generation to the next seems stupid no matter which trim we’re talking about.

if the Si doesn’t get at least a little faster that will be a brutal miss on Honda’s part
The amount that it is slower is pretty surprising, but people want comfort and features nowadays more than outright speed. Sucks for enthusiasts, but it keeps the cars alive.

vasekvi

First Name
Vasek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Fake exhaust tips. Awful.
I don't mind. I'd prefer having this kind of setup to avoid the exhaust soot. They aren't really fake, it's just the tips are not solidly connected to the exhaust. The corolla hatch has actual fake tips and that looks and is hilarious.

That being said I am glad I have a 10th gen hatch.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
If they are indeed doing this, then the Si needs to get faster, not stay the same or slower, and they need to make more so dealers actually have them in something other than the rental-car white color.

I would also say the new compact sedan that's going to launch from Acura needs to have a manual option on one of the sporty trims but that kinda seems like a pipe dream at this point.
I feel the same way as Honda might want the gear heads to choose the Si and Type R but also come over to the Acura brand for the new Compact Sedan.

So about the manual option that you mentioned. When asked at the TLX Type S press drive about if there will be a Manual transmission, an Acura executive mentioned that don’t rule out a Manual from the brand. That eludes more to a manual option for the Compact over a TLX Type S for sure.

Lt_doobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe
ah gotcha, i'm liking the sedan body style much more than the hatch.

gives me strong kia stinger vibes on the rear, i honestly can't say that i'm a fan.
It really does look like the Stinger from behind.

Lt_doobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe
Weird how they would go with fake exhaust tips when it looks like every other trim won"t have them. They did the same thing to the Accord Sport. Killed the look from the back.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
is no one gonna talk about the tiger posing in front of the car?
I assumed it was a photo never meant to be released. Also it was what I found least offensive in the image ?