• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I'm actually quite interested in the new ILX replacement. If they can capture the same kind of stance and proportions of the TLX in a smaller more affordable package, I might end up going that route instead of the civic. Acura seems to be invested in its performance image now, hopefully that'll translate to the new ILX replacement in a big way.

Also, and I've mentioned this one other time in another post, I think Honda wanted to make the hatch more sloped and sleek in the back because it's also got duty pulling in the former coupe buyers. If you look at the profile of the hatch and imagine it with 2 less doors, it's not that far off from how an 11G coupe would've been shaped. Similar idea to why the accord took on a coupe-like profile after they cancelled the accord coupe. I still hope deep down that maybe someday we'll get a new sporty coupe into the lineup, something that might compete with the veloster and Toyobaru twins.
I to am also interested in the ILX replacement. There is a Type-S model coming of it as it’s been confirmed already that all models will get a Type-S variant. I’m really pumped for it.

Yes I have noticed that it does have some type of swoop to the back that makes it look like a coupe but still holds that hatchback that I love from Honda.
Sponsored

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
That's interesting! If the ILX would offer a manual transmission type-S and follow 'save-the-manuals' ethos We might have a winner here!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
That's interesting! If the ILX would offer a manual transmission type-S and follow 'save-the-manuals' ethos We might have a winner here!
I don’t think it will. The Type-S is supposed to be in some type of way the same engine as the Type-R. So the Type-R will only be Manual and the Type-S a reinforced 10 Speed Auto. It makes sense in the Acura line up but who knows they could surprise us.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Booooo!! They weren't kidding when they said the entire world would phase it out with electric and automatics. We're a dying breed thats for sure~

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Booooo!! They weren't kidding when they said the entire world would phase it out with electric and automatics. We're a dying breed thats for sure~
It is a dying breed because the pic rate of Manual’s are low and this 11th Gen will more then likely be the last to have manual transmission. Even then, it might not even be long where only the Si and Type-R would have it mid cycle. Also you have people online that say they want a manual in a car but they don’t want to buy it new they would rather buy it used and then that’s where Manual’s get dropped.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I just realized that every time the Euro Spec Civic hatchback has been spotted it has been spotted with clear tail lights. If we look at the US and Japan spec ones they have the red tail lights. I hope that those clear ones are in the US market because it would look great.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that true? I didn't catch that. They appear to look the same no?

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
It is a dying breed because the pic rate of Manual’s are low and this 11th Gen will more then likely be the last to have manual transmission. Even then, it might not even be long where only the Si and Type-R would have it mid cycle. Also you have people online that say they want a manual in a car but they don’t want to buy it new they would rather buy it used and then that’s where Manual’s get dropped.
That's what I'm afraid of too - the regular Sport trim maybe will have the 6MT, but they might stop making that config after a year or two. I'd like to get a CivicXI Hatch with 6MT, but it might require nervously checking the config updates from Honda USA to make sure to get one before they discontinue the 6MT.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
That's what I'm afraid of too - the regular Sport trim maybe will have the 6MT, but they might stop making that config after a year or two. I'd like to get a CivicXI Hatch with 6MT, but it might require nervously checking the config updates from Honda USA to make sure to get one before they discontinue the 6MT.
Hopefully they make an Si hatch this time. I really want the LSD and LED headlights again, and the upgraded stereo. That's the best of what I like better about my Si vs the Sport hatch.

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
I think it's a very elegant and handsome design, much like the 8th gen. It won't turn some heads and get the the "that's a civic?" reaction of the 10th gens, especially the coupes, but this hatch looks well well rounded.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/hr-v-hybrid/overview.html

Seems like the light design will follow through on other models. The link is Hondas UK website showing the new HRV with a similar light design.
This is neat. The interior is visible in the photos and is strongly similar to that of the Civic 2022 concept, there will no doubt be overlap and similarity here and is a great taste of things to come. I am glad Honda has dumped the god awful HRV interior and is improving the Civic interior as well.

Last edited:

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
I agree honda could've done more to differentiate the sedan/hatch, without going the long roof route.... for the past 3 generations the civic hatch used the split rear window treatment, which was a unique-to-honda way of making a sloped rear end while keeping things from looking too sedan-like. You also have examples like the mazda3 hatch with a sloped and rounded back end that still manages to look vastly different from the sedan (thanks in part to a roof spoiler honda decided not to give the 11g civic hatch). This generation it's like they literally just took the rear window from the sedan, moved it to the edge of the trunk or cut the trunk off to the bottom of the window and called it a day. It's more of a liftback/sportback than a hatchback.

If honda doesn't offer some spoiler options for the hatch, I feel like the aftermarket for them is going to be booming as people look for options to help visually raise and differentiate that back end from the sedan.
For the 11th gen civic I can't imagine why someone would pick the sedan over the hatch. The hatch taillights look very much like a kia stinger (or certain audis) and combined with the low down trunk lid it has a very sporty look similar to the mentioned cars. Meanwhile the sedan looks like a previous gen hyundai sedan combined with an accord.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
Another ? design. Honda made a comeback with the style of Gen X over the 9th gen blah style. Now back to blah styling again.
Maybe with low 11th Gen sales they'll get a clue.
Sponsored