• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
The rattles on the 10th gen are early model year issues unfortunately. If you were to get a 2021 SI it would have absolutely none.
The only issue that remains is Honda's lack of sound deadening standard in the doors and other parts of the interior which contributes to road noise. The Accord is much better in this area and even has active noise cancellation but that car also carries a heavier price tag as a result.

Unfortunately it's common for many car brands to have rattle issues in early models because it often ends up being that "sample size" problem to have the problems show and get brought up to the manufacturer. Some brands just do a better job offering fixes at dealership service to fix them.

If you want a rattle free car, I would wait at minimum the 3rd year of the 11th and not the first two years or lease the first year model if you cant wait but I wouldn't buy it until a later year
You sure wouldn't...because the 2021 Civic SI doesn't exist. LOL
Sponsored

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
100% they have a lot on there plate. The HRV, CRV and Pilot are huge for Honda. Surprisingly I wouldn’t doubt we would see the CRV at the tail end of this year with the HRV and Pilot next year. We know the Civic is coming within a few months and Hatchback to follow in the Fall. ILX replacement comes next year which we all know about since the leaked dealer diagram. As of right now the Type S models are a huge thing for Acura, they will be doing a Type S version supposedly of the Electric model they have coming in 2024. CRZ I could see coming back at one point either a hybrid version or a full on Electric model. Trail sport will be like what Toyota has with TRD off road models. Well now TRD is going to switch to GR off road.
There is a salesmen over at Vtec.net that pretty much confirmed (In a roundabout way) that the CR-V will be the last one of the bunch to get redesigned. It still sales fairly well. If I remember correctly the current CR-V was actually going to be a 2018 model but Honda decided to push it out earlier, so it was introduced as a 2017. This time, the CR-V, like the Civic, is said to be going on a 6 year model cycle (I expect the same for the Accord too)

After the Civic sedan, expect the Civic Hatchback and all the other variants, expect HR-V, Pilot...then the CR-V some time next year. According to the salesmen on that site, Honda's priority is on the other vehicles and their redesigns. They are older vehicles and less competitive than the CR-V is relative to the competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the new HR-V on sale before we see the Si or Type R. Pilot definitely needs to up its game against the Telluride/Palisade. CR-V is still holding its own against everybody, including the fleet queen Rav4.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The rattles on the 10th gen are early model year issues unfortunately. If you were to get a 2021 SI it would have absolutely none.
The only issue that remains is Honda's lack of sound deadening standard in the doors and other parts of the interior which contributes to road noise. The Accord is much better in this area and even has active noise cancellation but that car also carries a heavier price tag as a result.

Unfortunately it's common for many car brands to have rattle issues in early models because it often ends up being that "sample size" problem to have the problems show and get brought up to the manufacturer. Some brands just do a better job offering fixes at dealership service to fix them.

If you want a rattle free car, I would wait at minimum the 3rd year of the 11th and not the first two years or lease the first year model if you cant wait but I wouldn't buy it until a later year
My 2020 Si has the same annoying buzzing all over the place as my 2017 hatch had. They didn't fix squat.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
There is a salesmen over at Vtec.net that pretty much confirmed (In a roundabout way) that the CR-V will be the last one of the bunch to get redesigned. It still sales fairly well. If I remember correctly the current CR-V was actually going to be a 2018 model but Honda decided to push it out earlier, so it was introduced as a 2017. This time, the CR-V, like the Civic, is said to be going on a 6 year model cycle (I expect the same for the Accord too)

After the Civic sedan, expect the Civic Hatchback and all the other variants, expect HR-V, Pilot...then the CR-V some time next year. According to the salesmen on that site, Honda's priority is on the other vehicles and their redesigns. They are older vehicles and less competitive than the CR-V is relative to the competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the new HR-V on sale before we see the Si or Type R. Pilot definitely needs to up its game against the Telluride/Palisade. CR-V is still holding its own against everybody, including the fleet queen Rav4.
The Civic is more than likely the "pilot" to get the new gear into production, the HB, HRV and CRV appear they are going to share a lot of common elements with the Civic so they'll hold those back as they iron out initial issues with the Civic. Their end goal will be to get all of them updated just to cut their manufacturing costs as they share common elements between them (infotainment, interior components, drive train components). Sure the old model still sells but profit margins are just as important (as the other models move up, components for the old CRV will start to go up in cost for them).

If you stare even at the mid year updates to the Pilot, Ridgeline, Odyssey, Honda appears to be grouping them into one tech platform while the Accord, Civic, HRV and CRV are the second tech platform.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX

I disagree. My 2020 Honda Civic had no rattles for the first few months, but now it is a rattlebox. In terms of build quality, there is less cost cutting than the previous generation, but the eigth gen still had better build quality and less cost cutting bullshit than the tenth generation has. Even then, still happy with the car, especially at times when I get gas mileage so good, to the point where the Insight and even Prius are kinda useless unless you do more city driving.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
My 2018 Accord has quite a few interior rattles. Build quality at Honda is not what it used to be. I don’t understand why they’re having an issue getting it under control.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
My 2018 Accord has quite a few interior rattles. Build quality at Honda is not what it used to be. I don’t understand why they’re having an issue getting it under control.
New Honda quality is still much better than Toyota. I remember when I was in a new 2012 Corolla that my aunt bought. Let's just say, I would go as far as say that even my dad's old 1987 Chevy S-10 Blazer had better fit and finish than that tin can on wheels. The carving shavings and the parts of the interior that you can easily clip off were fucking disgusting. A shame since his old 1992 Camry was a tank.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
So would the new Civic get announced tonight in Shanghai? I believe the China auto show stats this week.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Ever since someone here mentioned how much more upright the windshield is versus the 10th gen, I can't unsee it. This is the awkwardness that comes with trying to make a fwd car look rwd. The body surfacing is much improved though and I still think it will look best in class. But I also feel that the designers weren't given enough creative freedom for the 11th gen. This is supposed to be Honda's flagship. There's a sense of what could have been and it looks like if you want an exciting looking Civic, it's Type R or nothing, and that's a shame.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
New Honda quality is still much better than Toyota. I remember when I was in a new 2012 Corolla that my aunt bought. Let's just say, I would go as far as say that even my dad's old 1987 Chevy S-10 Blazer had better fit and finish than that tin can on wheels. The carving shavings and the parts of the interior that you can easily clip off were fucking disgusting. A shame since his old 1992 Camry was a tank.
2012 was 10 years ago. Not a good comparison.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Released on my birthday! haha. It certainly is nice to see it in a color. As is most Honda products, I feel like they've always looked better in person than in photos to get the full sense of stance, scale, etc. Still more excited to see the hatch (which it appear we are going to have to WAIT until Fall to finally see...) But being able to get a sense for trims, features, tech, pricing, interior, etc. will fill in most of the missing pieces in the mean time.
Happy Birthday! The design looks okay, not as exciting as the 10th gen, but has possibilities. Will need to see the SI, hatchback, CTR. I agree that Hondas often look better in person than in pics.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Oh man, gonna be loving my
‘19 civic sport for years to come. To each it’s own though. :)

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
The SI model will be a mean looking car if Honda decides to add a more aggressive front, darker headlights, black side mirrors, black rims, good looking spoiler and black top. :spaz:
This could be the last generation for manuals :dunno: I really hope Honda goes all out on the SI and Type R and keeps them manual. :drive:

Metalic10

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Not impressed thus far. As another reviewer somewhere else said: the lower grill looks too much like a Toyota. I also noticed no change to current power options. The equivalent to mine still has same HP ratings. Interior dash looks a little nicer but overall it is not an improvement over the 2021 I just bought in February this year.
Sponsored