• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Good news and bad news for Honda.

Good news: I have now seen the new Civic design and am very excited.
Bad news: I am very excited about keeping my 10th gen.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Good news and bad news for Honda.

Good news: I have now seen the new Civic design and am very excited.
Bad news: I am very excited about keeping my 10th gen.
It's an interesting dichotomy. Seems to me, a large portion of the enthusiast crowd at CivicX is bored with the 11th design. The bread and butter economy car buying crowd may just love the bland, toned down styling.

I think that's what Honda is counting on. They know they won't get a fair amount of 10th gen owners onboard (like me) but they figure they'll gain the folks that thought the 10th was too out there.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
I just wanna know if the other interior shown off is the new Accord
, CRV or something else. It looks very nice!
The interior in the video is mainly the current Accord's. They showed a futuristic concept art that isn't real, and then they showed the concept image for the Civic at the end. This is just a marketing wank video and we won't get to see the real next-gen interior for the Civic until the 28th.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
This car is pretty much made to be a mass volume seller that will appeal to everyone. CivicX (or XI) forums are composed primarily of enthusiasts anyway so we represent a pretty small majority of the Civic target market. I'm pretty sure Honda just felt that the current gen Civic was maybe a little too polarizing so they're looking to attract the plain jane shoppers with this new gen Civic. Interesting move considering the styling direction other manufacturers have taken, but I guess it makes sense.

I still love the 10th gen styling over this 11th gen any day though, looks way more sleek and different from other cars. Seems like they're also taking the direction of styling uniformity across their entire lineup like other manufacturers are doing too. The automotive market is pretty much cars that look the same as other models in a manufacturer's lineup except some are bigger and smaller or SUV's instead of cars.

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CBP Civic EX Sedan
I, for one, am very happy I got the 2020 Si Sedan last year. Not a huge fan of the new model Civics.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic sedan spotted outside production plant New-Honda-Civic-2022-Specs

Saw this pic blown up on another website...blacked out wheels, blacked out mirrors, definitely a Sport trim. Sad to see the fog lights go away though. Makes me wonder if they will be gone from the SI too.

Its obvious that the "Prototype" was based on the Sport possibly the SI.

ANOTHER thing I just noticed as well. These two cars have blacked out window trim. Nice touch!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
My 2020 Honda civic looks more like an Acura and modern than that. I also like how my car has some european styling elements, like a french car. This new honda looks like some bland ass subaru.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StickShiftRoy

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BOP Si (Sold), 19 CW FK8 (Sold), 24 CW FL5
New-Honda-Civic-2022-Specs.jpg

Saw this pic blown up on another website...blacked out wheels, blacked out mirrors, definitely a Sport trim. Sad to see the fog lights go away though. Makes me wonder if they will be gone from the SI too.

ANOTHER thing I just noticed as well. These two cars have blacked out window trim. Nice touch!

I saw that too! black mirror caps, no chrome on the windows, and black wheels! Those are 100% sports.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
I will have to wait until Honda revels the Civic SI and Hatchback. I'm not really into normal sedans or sport civic models. If they up being terrible, I think I will be keeping my Coupe Civic Si and purchasing a Type R.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
New-Honda-Civic-2022-Specs.jpg

I'm really liking the black rims and black mirrors, hopefully the SI comes which something like this or better.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I like what Honda was going for with a more conservative design, but the front end is just too soft and too plain. The classic Honda’s hand conservative styling, but that was balance against crisp/sharp lines and a clean aesthetic. The front end of this car screams 2012 trends, which just makes it look dated, like it’s a used Honda instead of a new model.

The prototype was significantly sharper up front and helped make the overall design better.

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
I didn’t really like the 10th gen in the beginning at first and still don’t in any trims lower than the EX-T. I didn’t fully like the 10th gen until after the refresh and they added the sport trim with fog lights plus the wheels from the hatch. All of the fake vents, size of the fake vents, and chrome brow just didn’t do it for me. Especially below the EX-T trims. I actually would’ve preferred a sport touring trim on the sedan. Now this 11th gen? Is definitely my speed. People forget that the Elantra looks cheap outside of the N-line trim, the Sentra looks boring outside of the SR trim, the 3 is the best looking sedan no matter what trim. That’s just facts. The Forte? Welp. Busy designs never did well with me. Which is why I just could never get into the 10th gen fully. I do think the Si will be more of the looker. That’s what I’m waiting on anyway. Especially if they add a DCT or 10 speed to the Si.

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
From the A pillar back it looks almost identical to the Accord from the side. The upper body line is the same. The rear quarter window is shaped exactly the same too. It also looks like the roof is attached with laser brazing like the Accord so no more black strip of rubber which looks nice. I don't hate the new styling but it seems like a step backwards. The 10th gen looks pretty sporty in almost any trim. Of of the best parts is how the front of the 10th gen slopes down which makes visibility very good. The front on the 11th is more straight. Again, like the Accord. This one definitely does not stand out. Makes me wonder if it will allow them to differentiate the styling of the Si a little more than they did with the 10th gen.
Sponsored