• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Emailed another 25 dealers or so. I should have started tracking the ADM info in the beginning as I've now contacted at least 70 dealers.
I see you’re in GA also, so I will follow your lead :). Let me know if you’d be willing to share any cars you’re not interested in with 5k ADM or less incl accessories. I’m open to pretty much any color with CW and SGP at the top of my list.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I see you’re in GA also, so I will follow your lead :). Let me know if you’d be willing to share any cars you’re not interested in with 5k ADM or less incl accessories. I’m open to pretty much any color with CW and SGP at the top of my list.

Will do. I have been laughing and hanging up.

I just talked to one sales guy and he was actually pretty cool. He was right up front about the ADM for his dealer. So I told him I'd pass. We ended up talking about cars for 15-20 minutes. He said he think the crazy ADM are terrible and he'd been following the sales and was like "why anyone would pay 65-75K for this car blows my mind, they could be driving my M3 Comp".

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR

I just talked to one sales guy and he was actually pretty cool. He was right up front about the ADM for his dealer. So I told him I'd pass. We ended up talking about cars for 15-20 minutes. He said he think the crazy ADM are terrible and he'd been following the sales and was like "why anyone would pay 65-75K for this car blows my mind, they could be driving my M3 Comp".
A level headed salesman???? That's a pretty cool interaction with a sales guy... minus the adm news.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

I’ll take the bait on the soft bash - Paddle shifters and numb steering for the loss.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
They were sold. I see the one I purchased was removed this morning.
So I spoke with my dealer. They said "the car is stuck in transit because they want all of them to arrive at the same time." I don't know how true that is or not, but it'd make sense why no one on the east coast that we've seen has gotten one. I mentioned it was taking off the tracker and he didn't know about that.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
So I spoke with my dealer. They said "the car is stuck in transit because they want all of them to arrive at the same time." I don't know how true that is or not, but it'd make sense why no one on the east coast that we've seen has gotten one. I mentioned it was taking off the tracker and he didn't know about that.
I guess that's as good a reason as any. Still wish it were here though.

Even the listings page of my car is down.
https://www.lundgrenhondaofauburn.c...c+Type+R-3820ed370a0e0a941cb77c1932d282a4.htm

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I’m not a logistics expert but at the same time seems more efficient to be running day and night. I cant imagine that there are not enough cars to fill the trucks. A simultaneous delivery across multiple geographic locations would be a much more onerous feat than just getting things out the door and being constantly productive. I cant imagine there is any truth to it. As long as they are type R’s its not like one dealer will have an advantage over another. That advantage is dependent on overall allocation and chosen adm.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I’m not saying, nor suggesting, that the information about wanting to deliver all of the Type R vehicles at once for purposes of creating greater interest is incorrect, but there are other factors to consider. First, railroads rarely load cars with all the same brands, models, etc. More often, a variety of vehicles are loaded onto cars based upon their destinations and the number of stops (i.e., unloading) along the route. Second, it’s more to the advantage of dealers to have fewer models available as it creates more desire and interest than flooding the market and losing public interest. Third, and most importantly, there have been intense negotiations between the various railroad unions and companies over the past month, with some shops still voting. The Biden Administration has been trying to avert strikes as well, but slow downs have been widely reported. It’s not just Type Rs that are being delayed in transit, but many other commodities too. Last Friday, I placed my order and down payment on a Boost Blue Type R. While reviewing the paperwork, the Honda Rep came in and I asked him about the ETA. His response was, “The railroads can’t find enough workers.” So, to me it seems that “in transit” actually means “slow train.” Finally, if one looks are the geographic distribution of reportedly available Type Rs (e.g., TrueCar, Car Gurus, etc.) then it’s clear that the further west you are the sooner you can expect delivery. I’m all the way on the other side of the country, so it may be a month before I see mine. Oh well, I’ve waited 12 months and another one isn’t too bad, but damn, it is ridiculous!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ I dont think the dealers know if its by rail or not. If honda really did buy a transport company then its likely by truck so as not to risk the rollout.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
^ I dont think the dealers know if its by rail or not. If honda really did buy a transport company then its likely by truck so as not to risk the rollout.
If other manufacturers are also pivoting to truck delivery due to rail delays, that would delay Honda further. More manufacturers vying for the same truck deliveries/companies. Buying a transport company was probably a good move to help mitigate delays due to other manufacturers using the same trucks, Type R or not.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
My dudes. I just checked in on the tracker for no real reason and what do I find?

A delivery on the east coast!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps end of this week or next isn't too far off for the east coast.
First at Dealer Type R I've seen on the tracker. :dance:

I'd call to verify but they are very much closed. Oddly enough, I don't see it on their website.
"
Name: Safford Brown Honda Glen Burnie
Phone: 4105538014
Color: Boost Blue Pearl
City: Glen Burnie
State: MD
Vin: JHMFL5G40PX000507

https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl5-civic-type-r-finder
"
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R finder tool At Dealer

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
Very odd that only one dealer on the east coast would get one car and that's particular one outside Baltimore. Really curious what that is about.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I've emailed another 25 or so dealers, we'll see what responses I get tomorrow.
Sponsored