• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Great post! The legend speaks. Thank you.

Can't wait to see what Hondata comes up with after they have had it a while.
Sponsored

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
A lot of the High Mileage FK8 used car in Dealerships are still selling the Car for 60K AUD, some low Mileage ones already 70K AUD and a rare Racing Blue instead of Boost Blue colour FK8 in Dealership asking for 78K AUD in Melbourne.

I won't be surprised if the Car is announced in Australia for 72~75K AUD, looking at How expensive cars are in Australia compared to UK and US. These overseas Dealerships are rigged unless You live in Japan and buy it in Japan, otherwise You cannot get it at reasonable price anywhere else.

Still no news from Honda Australia when the car is coming.
I wouldn't be surprised either tbh. The used car market has never dictated new car prices previously so it should be irrelevent.
The reason prices are the way they are is due to availability of New cars. Look at the ute market, New is often the same price or even cheaper in some cases but you have to wait.
I'm not tied to the Type R, I'd love one but at $70+ I'd not buy one out of principal.
I'd actually prefer to pay overs to a local dealer where the money goes back into my community than have Honda head office pump up the price and ship the money overseas under agency.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Interesting watch, a couple of observations, the car is bouncing everywhere perhaps +R mode was not suited to that particular track (but then, I've noticed that on all the Japanese videos of cars on track).

The other things I noticed was how much correction was having to do via steering wheel, he seemed to be fighting and correcting a lot.

Lastly, it seemed to be spinning up the front tyres very easily as he was getting on the power out of 2nd gear turns.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Interesting watch, a couple of observations, the car is bouncing everywhere perhaps +R mode was not suited to that particular track (but then, I've noticed that on all the Japanese videos of cars on track).

The other things I noticed was how much correction was having to do via steering wheel, he seemed to be fighting and correcting a lot.

Lastly, it seemed to be spinning up the front tyres very easily as he was getting on the power out of 2nd gear turns.
a very astute observation indeed 💯

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
what I don't get is Why tf is there an embargo on the driving impressions of a car that is already being delivered to people since almost two weeks ago... 🤔
The other odd thing is that Throttle House was able to drive drive it and present some feedback (and that other channel as well, but I didn't make it far enough into the video to see if they actually did drive the vehicle). It seems a bit unfair to the other media channels out there
Sponsored