• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Just blown away how one video review can cause this much drama. I love the throttle house guys but feel it's too early in the game to make broad assumptions. In time, more FL5 testing and comparos will surface painting a clearer picture.

With that said, why isn't this a hotter topic?
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R FL5 - Reviews Compilation (Articles + Videos)  ✍🏻 🎥 M2.PNG

A hair under an M2 (Thomas's boner car) is damn impressive imo but here we are stuck on FK8 roll races.

OP
OP
JBO

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
I liked Topher's road review. It was most aligned to how people will use the car most of the time. To me it looked firm in comfort mode, but not overly bouncy or uncontrolled. So, a lot like the GT4 then. haha! Actually I find these Porsche comparisons somewhat laughable, but I understand the intent, which is to convey that all the control weights and indeed the entire car, are harmonious and well engineered. I was also surprised to hear the Corolla GRs ride is firmer. Yaris GR has a pretty good ride quality about it. But then unfortunately Murcia doesn't get that car. I suspect it's better than the Corolla overall.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Oh, btw, where the fk is my car Honda? And can someone get rid of these damn ads that keep popping up?
IOS: Firefox Focus
Android / Windows / Mac: Adblock Plus

Add uMatrix (desktop/laptop) if you want even more control.

OP
OP
JBO

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Yep adblock is awesome for laptops. BUT...nothing exists for iPhone as far as I'm aware?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Reactions: JBO

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Type this in your Private DNS section under Connections>More Connection Settings>Private DNS:

dns.adguard.com

No more Volvos popping up on Civic forums.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Just blown away how one video review can cause this much drama. I love the throttle house guys but feel it's too early in the game to make broad assumptions. In time, more FL5 testing and comparos will surface painting a clearer picture.

With that said, why isn't this a hotter topic?
M2.PNG

A hair under an M2 (Thomas's boner car) is damn impressive imo but here we are stuck on FK8 roll races.
People are always going to be upset about something. It's the age of entitlement, what can you expect? I've seen the same reactions for almost every car that has come out in recent years.

LFA = hated when it came out. Now? Its a god
Supra = Toyota totally screwed this one. Its just a BMW. Now? Amazing car, great price, value for dollar?
FK8 = ew, wtf is this bug looking thing. FWD only? ew. Now? Em, FL5 sucks cause FK8 was incredible.

There's more - NSX, GR86, new Z, GRC will get some flak too.

The cycle will continue.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
People are always going to be upset about something. It's the age of entitlement, what can you expect? I've seen the same reactions for almost every car that has come out in recent years.

LFA = hated when it came out. Now? Its a god
Supra = Toyota totally screwed this one. Its just a BMW. Now? Amazing car, great price, value for dollar?
FK8 = ew, wtf is this bug looking thing. FWD only? ew. Now? Em, FL5 sucks cause FK8 was incredible.

There's more - NSX, GR86, new Z, GRC will get some flak too.

The cycle will continue.
It can’t be “entitlement” if people are spending their hard earned money on it.

IMO, everyone has the right to vent their frustrations when/if the product they buy (or look forward to buying) doesn’t meet their expectations. And it’s up to them and only them to decide what those expectations are. If someone cares dearly about straight line speed, we cannot (and should not) convince them that it’s meaningless “because the car was meant to produce good lap times”.

That’s also why other cars exist. Believe it or not, I am now cross-shopping the new CTR with the latest M2. Because why not. Realistically, I’ll have to spend similar money on either car.
Sponsored