• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Ugh, I hate that video. Public road and all.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
You’d be picking the wrong car for enjoyment then. The Elantra N (according to reviewers) is the most fun hot hatch you can get, even over the R. So if you are just going for fun then the N is the way to go.
Most bang for the buck is what I’ve read almost everywhere, not most bang overall. Personally, I also add-in proven track record of reliability as part of the fun…because the car isn’t fun at all if it’s in the damn shop getting fixed all the time or if you have to worry about something breaking while trying to have fun.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Tracking a car while worrying that it’s engine will implode is not my idea of fun.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
It is on the autobahn...
That section of the interchanges going from A81 to A98 I don’t believe are unrestricted. Usually the sections through rural are unrestricted. im not an expert but I’m sure at the interchanges with traffic it’s pretty reckless to drive that fast.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
That section of the interchanges going from A81 to A98 I don’t believe are unrestricted. Usually the sections through rural are unrestricted. im not an expert but I’m sure at the interchanges with traffic it’s pretty reckless to drive that fast.
Agreed. That transition between highways was very reckless.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Most bang for the buck is what I’ve read almost everywhere, not most bang overall. Personally, I also add-in proven track record of reliability as part of the fun…because the car isn’t fun at all if it’s in the damn shop getting fixed all the time or if you have to worry about something breaking while trying to have fun.
Which car is most bang overall? The comment I was replying to said he wanted not the fastest but the most enjoyable while saying he’d rather have a gti or si over an Elantra N. I love Hondas too, I’ve owned 9 myself. But the N is a damn good car and I doubt anyone would say a lowly Si (I’ve owned multiple Si’s) would be considered more fun than an N. and don’t even start me on a gti… Unfortunately the L15 is garbage in the Si but the chassis is good since it’s still based of the 10gen civic. But let’s get real the N cars are way more fun to drive than any model civic barring a Type-R.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Yeah flying by other driver at a 120-150 km/hr faster than they are going isn’t exactly the smartest move. I was white knuckling just watching that.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Which car is most bang overall? The comment I was replying to said he wanted not the fastest but the most enjoyable while saying he’d rather have a gti or si over an Elantra N. I love Hondas too, I’ve owned 9 myself. But the N is a damn good car and I doubt anyone would say a lowly Si (I’ve owned multiple Si’s) would be considered more fun than an N. and don’t even start me on a gti… Unfortunately the L15 is garbage in the Si but the chassis is good since it’s still based of the 10gen civic. But let’s get real the N cars are way more fun to drive than any model civic barring a Type-R.
If I couldn’t get an R, I’d have a GTI over an Si or an N. Volkswagen has managed to find that sweet spot between sporty, comfortable, stylish, and practical. And the EA888 is actually very characterful.

Unfortunately, VW’s reliability is terrible (past VW owner here) and by all accounts, the UI on their new cars is also terrible. So I probably wouldn’t consider a GTI at the end of the day, for those reasons.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thanks for the clarification. You said “the N is the most fun” in a Type R discussion.

This statement prompted me to add that I’ve read the N is the “best bang (i.e., fun / reliable / etc.) for the buck.” Type R numba one best! We good now? 😄

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
If I couldn’t get an R, I’d have a GTI over an Si or an N. Volkswagen has managed to find that sweet spot between sporty, comfortable, stylish, and practical. And the EA888 is actually very characterful.

Unfortunately, VW’s reliability is terrible (past VW owner here) and by all accounts, the UI on their new cars is also terrible. So I probably wouldn’t consider a GTI at the end of the day, for those reasons.
that’s surprising since the GTI is the numbest most boring cat of the bunch. If you want a R and can’t afford it then you should probably get an N. but oh well who am I to judge, I’m just a rando internet stranger.
Sponsored