• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I liked it a lot too and thought it was very relatable. The writer is clearly a Honda fan and knows his Honda history as well.

Last edited:

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Agreed, well written article. This summary rings so true “This is a driver’s car. It is a masterfully crafted enthusiast’ dream at a price that a mere mortal can just about afford. This is a gateway drug to an ever-increasingly expensive addiction to the love of driving.”

Funny thing happened this past weekend. I drove my C7 GrandSport manual down the block after its long winter slumber and it had me say to myself, the shifter is so rubbery, the clutch so finicky and the suspension so soft compared to the Type R. The Vette needs to be driven FAST to be fun. The Type R is fun at almost any speed and the inputs are sooooo precise. Amazing car.

ChiroCale

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
Raiti just did a vid on the FL5 of the 5 things he loves and 5 things he hates. . Cool to hear his take as an FL5 owner.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Given how many videos we've seen of Honda people, themselves, driving the FL5 hard on the tracks, i would have thought a brake problem would have emerged sooner. I wonder if Honda altered the brakes/brake system for their laps? I hope they figure it out quickly for all of us. Glad he wasn't hurt!

DKwen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Added Info, according to the Post on FB and YT comment by the owner Janson, the car had the stock brake fluid with no oil leakage on brake line and the system. Brake fluid level in reservoir is above Min. The only change is brake pad.

The car has 4,000 km on the clock, and it is only the second lap of Nur Touristenfahrten, which he claim first lap was more like an Installation lap; however, he tracked the car a lot with all onboard videos he uploaded.

it looks like a fluid boiled for me, but he said the brake has good pressure All the other breaking points before the crash corner, doesn't the brake feel soft and spongy at first place if fluid went too hot? IDK

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Bouncing in the brake zone may have kept the anti-lock active and screw with the braking distance. Or the dumb idea to run on stock brake fluid for a car that can hold its own against much more powerful machinery