• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
That spoiler still on there, really hoping they change it, I don't like the look at all still, hasn't grown on me one bit, I'm sure seeing it without the wrap would help but I really like the more "attached" look of the 10th gen spoiler
Looks inspired by the GT3. If its functional and adjustable, even better.
Sponsored

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
The old one was pretty contentious, I can understand why Honda dialed it back.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I greatly prefer the ascetics of the new one. It looks more serious and purpose built to me. I also think it will likely be more solid than the current gen as well.
Everyone has different opinions and unfortunately since everyone called the last gen too "aggressive" yeah you are probably right sadly. Now what do you mean by "more solid" The spoiler, the car, the performance?

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Looks inspired by the GT3. If its functional and adjustable, even better.
Yeah if it is adjustable more power to it but I really doubt it but like I said in a previous reply, Honda could surprise us. I do like the look of the wing don't get me wrong, I just think the other one looks better on the Type-R, and finally I hope it will be better once the camo is off and we see the production spec in its full glory, I think I will like it better then

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I never desired to own a 10th gen CTR (my sport hatch scratched that itch) but MAN, I WANT THIS ONE! But as we all know, the price tag might be a deal breaker w the markups. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

arekp

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I've had my Type R for 2 years. Don't see myself getting another powerful car that's front wheel drive. Previously had WRX an 4Motion VW.

JPM42

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2014
That spoiler still on there, really hoping they change it, I don't like the look at all still, hasn't grown on me one bit, I'm sure seeing it without the wrap would help but I really like the more "attached" look of the 10th gen spoiler
The spoiler will have end plate covers and thats it.

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
I've had my Type R for 2 years. Don't see myself getting another powerful car that's front wheel drive. Previously had WRX an 4Motion VW.
Are you saying you would move back to AWD like the other two or a rwd?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
yeh if you put too much power to the front wheel, you do have alot of traction issues. You can't just put your foot down anywhere, especially in the cold or rain. My GTI is making nearly 350lb to the wheels and 1st and 2nd is spin city. I'd much rather have rwd or awd but none of the cars appeal to me. New Golf R is nice on paper but that all touch interior is a put off and the new WRX is pretty hideous.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
yeh if you put too much power to the front wheel, you do have alot of traction issues. You can't just put your foot down anywhere, especially in the cold or rain. My GTI is making nearly 350lb to the wheels and 1st and 2nd is spin city. I'd much rather have rwd or awd but none of the cars appeal to me. New Golf R is nice on paper but that all touch interior is a put off and the new WRX is pretty hideous.
Pretty hard to get around this issue. Limited slip diff and stiff rear suspension helps, but you can only do so much to mitigate it. I had a Fiesta ST, and anytime you put your foot into it at low speed it would break free and spin. Getting off the line without spinning was basically impossible.

FWD cars are never going to be 0-60 champs, but the drivetrain simplicity and lightness rewards drivers in other ways (more meaningful ways IMO).

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Pretty hard to get around this issue. Limited slip diff and stiff rear suspension helps, but you can only do so much to mitigate it. I had a Fiesta ST, and anytime you put your foot into it at low speed it would break free and spin. Getting off the line without spinning was basically impossible.

FWD cars are never going to be 0-60 champs, but the drivetrain simplicity and lightness rewards drivers in other ways (more meaningful ways IMO).
Hello fellow FiST brother. I know that life. Even totally stock, aggressive accel from a dig was "fun" in the sense that you could only guess if the car was going to shimmy to the left, the right, wiggle in place, or maybe even go forward if you're lucky! I found that a stiff RMM also helped, if only a little, by mitigating wheel hop, but at around 6,000 miles I had enough and spent a weekend dropping the trans to crack it open and install a mFactory helical LSD. Best mod for that car, bar none. Completely changed the driving experience. Afterwards it could actually hook up from a dig, and steering full lock and full throttle resulted in rotation instead of just sad shuddering and tire chirping.

I'm always so happy that my Si came with a LSD from the factory, because I was pretty sore for a bit after that upgrade adventure and I'm not too keen on reenacting it.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Great minds think alike, haha. Yeah my ST was a lot of fun. I had done a few tweaks on it (catback, Koni's, etc...), but kept it all within the H-Stock class for Autocross. To this day, it is the only FWD car I've ever driven that would oversteer instead of plow when I pushed it too hard thru a corner.

I agree with you 100%. The LSD is a worthwhile feature for sure, nice to have on your Si! Torque vectoring can make up for a lot, but it eats through brakes and really falls short when compared to how an LSD can get the power down.

I was looking at the 2022 Golf R pretty hard. AWD and the quicker 0-60 is attractive. I just don't think I'd be happy with it though. The Type-R's that I've had an opportunity to do a ride along in at Autocross events have always impressed the hell out of me. The only other car that came close was the Focus RS. There are a lot of other cars that were quicker, but in terms of driving feel and enjoyment, I think these are the two that stood out most.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm sure the Golf R is about the same as the GTI. They're great daily drivers but I wouldn't say its a fun car to drive. Its about as fun as your Accords and civics. Too insulated and well behaved to be considered fun imo.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW FK8
I really like the way it looks and I think it will have a fantastic presence on the road. But they must solve the overheating problem on the track. Not doing this would be the main thing preventing me from upgrading. I also hope a lot of the aftermarket mods of the 10th gen can fit (engine piping, mounts, springs, coilovers).

MossEisley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
I'm sure the Golf R is about the same as the GTI. They're great daily drivers but I wouldn't say its a fun car to drive. Its about as fun as your Accords and civics. Too insulated and well behaved to be considered fun imo.
As an owner of an 18 Golf R that's nicely modded I agree. The car is plenty quick on the street and track, but is not a very engaging drive. Super practical, but I'm looking forward to the Type R for the engaging drive.
Sponsored

Last edited: