• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Picked up my FL5 today! Super stoked and car looks so much nicer in person! Love how it drives! Feels different compared to the fk8. Or it’s just cuz I haven’t driven one since I’ve sold mine last year. But Heading to chuckwalla valley raceway tomorrow morning to track it and see how it does! What better way to break in a new car? Haha

CB23F8FA-D0AF-4048-A9F3-395C14C2263E.jpeg

6C6C88B9-A8D0-41BF-800E-42AEDF4DB572.jpeg

0F322E28-3EAB-4C6C-9A6F-94AEA736AE36.jpeg

34B41A45-11BE-4ADD-A94A-2FECE1D1E2D5.jpeg
Congratulations 🎊🎉

please give us an update on how it does at the track

madbullish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Bmw 328i
I want to drop some knowledge I picked up for everyone on the forums in California (SoCal). I've legitimately called every dealer on the list that AspecR had posted for White / Sonic Gray / Red in SoCal and the dealers are starting to hold their floors at $15-20k Markup.

On the first day of release, the lowest dealership that called me offered me $10K markup for a Champ White and I told them I'd get back to them in a day. I had called every other dealer (primarily in LA / OC / SGV) to explore other colors and all the dealers were asking $15k-$20K (10-15 dealerships). I called the original $10K markup dealer back and they had sold the car.

Once some dealerships got word that some may have purchased for $15K, they all started shopping against each other and raising ADMs, even though some of the dealerships had told me $7-10K in August-September. I knew more about the car than every single dealer and most of them didn't even know they were getting them until last week....

I had very transparent conversations and most of the sales managers were straight up with me, but at this point - I'm holding until Q1-Q2 2023. They really do believe they can sell these cars at $15-$20K markup ($65-72K after tax out the door) LOL! Eventually, if we hold out, these dealerships will drop because I've called all of them back 2-3 times and they haven't sold the cars yet at the $15k-$20k range.

Like any investment, patience will reward us who are still holding out. I know there's a ton of other people like me in SoCal who psychologically refuse to pay over $65K for a civic. HODL the line boys, they will start dropping end of year and dealers said they will likely lower ADMs on the 2nd or 3rd ones they receive.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
I want to drop some knowledge I picked up for everyone on the forums in California (SoCal). I've legitimately called every dealer on the list that AspecR had posted for White / Sonic Gray / Red in SoCal and the dealers are starting to hold their floors at $15-20k Markup.

On the first day of release, the lowest dealership that called me offered me $10K markup for a Champ White and I told them I'd get back to them in a day. I had called every other dealer (primarily in LA / OC / SGV) to explore other colors and all the dealers were asking $15k-$20K (10-15 dealerships). I called the original $10K markup dealer back and they had sold the car.

Once some dealerships got word that some may have purchased for $15K, they all started shopping against each other and raising ADMs, even though some of the dealerships had told me $7-10K in August-September. I knew more about the car than every single dealer and most of them didn't even know they were getting them until last week....

I had very transparent conversations and most of the sales managers were straight up with me, but at this point - I'm holding until Q1-Q2 2023. They really do believe they can sell these cars at $15-$20K markup ($65-72K after tax out the door) LOL! Eventually, if we hold out, these dealerships will drop because I've called all of them back 2-3 times and they haven't sold the cars yet at the $15k-$20k range.

Like any investment, patience will reward us who are still holding out. I know there's a ton of other people like me in SoCal who psychologically refuse to pay over $65K for a civic. HODL the line boys, they will start dropping end of year and dealers said they will likely lower ADMs on the 2nd or 3rd ones they receive.
FYI, got a call from Conicelli Honda in PA, they were still looking to make a deal with someone on BB. They called me last week when allocations hit and were originally at 25k markup. Clearly they haven't gotten any bites yet asking for 20k currently.

Not super helpful, just adding to the pool of hope for the people hoping for price drops.

Alpha97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
FYI, got a call from Conicelli Honda in PA, they were still looking to make a deal with someone on BB. They called me last week when allocations hit and were originally at 25k markup. Clearly they haven't gotten any bites yet asking for 20k currently.

Not super helpful, just adding to the pool of hope for the people hoping for price drops.
They are not good. Their Toyota sister dealership tried to bait and switch me on a Supra.
Man, even if some of these greedy dealers come to their senses and lower their ADM to 8-10k, I'm not sure I'd want to give them my money.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Ahh...the allocations in my state still are showing as in transit, but other states close by have got theirs at the dealerships. So it should be sometime soon, I feel like any day now. And, I reached out to some of the sales managers I've been talking to yesterday and I haven't heard anything back. I feel am being ghosted by a crush.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
It's very encouraging to hear that these cars are (mostly) still stuck on dealer lots. A little bit of patience will go a long way.

Although I was hyped AF to get this car and was trying to justify to myself how much ADM I would be willing to pay, I've now reached a point where I will be okay waiting a year. I think there is a decent chance it could drop to MSRP or near-MSRP by then.

HODL!!!

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
It's very encouraging to hear that these cars are (mostly) still stuck on dealer lots. A little bit of patience will go a long way.

Although I was hyped AF to get this car and was trying to justify to myself how much ADM I would be willing to pay, I've now reached a point where I will be okay waiting a year. I think there is a decent chance it could drop to MSRP or near-MSRP by then.

HODL!!!
If the market can get itself in order I wouldn't doubt seeing them MSRP to 5k ADM in a year. The problem right now is even the used market is sky high and cars with huge inventory are going for MSRP or even slightly above. Once all of those things drop some we'll see niche/specialty cars come down, too. Interest rates might help that along, but it'll take time so yea, maybe a year.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
So many people here still out of touch with reality.

You ain't getting the new type r for msrp or close to that unless you got the hookup. The car markert is still down, chip increase won't catch up to consumer demand for years, the old model still goes for 10k+ over msrp used. There's going to be alot of you guys here shopping for used fl5 for 10k over msrp in the future 🤣. People act like dealers can't just auction the car for 10k over easy, as if the dealers give a fk about your 5k adm max or bust. Go buy a egg looking gti or something else 😆

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
So many people here still out of touch with reality.

You ain't getting the new type r for msrp or close to that unless you got the hookup. The car markert is still down, chip increase won't catch up to consumer demand for years, the old model still goes for 10k+ over msrp used. There's going to be alot of you guys here shopping for used fl5 for 10k over msrp in the future 🤣. People act like dealers can't just auction the car for 10k over easy, as if the dealers give a fk about your 5k adm max or bust. Go buy a egg looking gti or something else 😆
I am all for someone being absolutely cool with taking 15-20K and burning it like the Joker in the Dark Knight. But those are the people out of touch with reality. If people keep supporting this rhetoric of chip shortages, "This is market", and lazy defeatist logic. Yea we won't win quickly, but trust me we will win, I'm in IL and I can give you 3 dealers that have come down from 20K to 10K within a WEEK of these allocations dropping. 1 of them tried to sell me an SI for under MSRP instead, LOL. The used market will adjust itself and when it does, no one going to be paying anywhere close to 40K for a FK8. We are using recession logic on a country that is POST Pandemic. Serious question though despite having the money to burn on a huge ADM, none of the people paying can think of the thousands of other things they could do with the money? :(

EDIT: same dealer that offered the SI under MSRP, had a LE FK8 for a 25k markup and wound up letting it go for 7.5K markup, if only they knew about the auction route. :(

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
Iwe won't win quickly, but trust me we will win
You're basically talking past each other. Turbonium is right in the short term (next year, maybe two) this is how things will be. You're right in that prices will come down. But just as the used market/car prices didn't break overnight they won't fix overnight. It may take a year or more for things to "catch-up" so to speak. The interest rate hikes will help it along, but those also have a lag time.

You'll see prices slowly come back to closer normal in 2023 I bet. The real worry is about production numbers on vehicles like the FL5. As more companies shift things around there's a chance of production staying low on it or even there not being a 2024 model in favor an electric or none at all.

The thing is, people think they'll be paying MSRP on these in a month, and maybe if you're super lucky and are close with a dealer that'll be true, but it's likely going to take longer especially with such a limited rollout (plus they'll probably force accessories for a while evn on MSRP). I think you'll see it settle to around 5k-10k ADM until the used car market can sort itself out because as long as people are paying 40k for used FK8s (and they are), then the dealers have no incentive to sell an FL5 for 44k. How long will that take? It could be 6 months or could be two years. So people refusing to pay any ADM may have a wait ahead of them depending on how lucky they can get.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
You're basically talking past each other. Turbonium is right in the short term (next year, maybe two) this is how things will be. You're right in that prices will come down. But just as the used market/car prices didn't break overnight they won't fix overnight. It may take a year or more for things to "catch-up" so to speak. The interest rate hikes will help it along, but those also have a lag time.

You'll see prices slowly come back to closer normal in 2023 I bet. The real worry is about production numbers on vehicles like the FL5. As more companies shift things around there's a chance of production staying low on it or even there not being a 2024 model in favor an electric or none at all.

The thing is, people think they'll be paying MSRP on these in a month, and maybe if you're super lucky and are close with a dealer that'll be true, but it's likely going to take longer especially with such a limited rollout (plus they'll probably force accessories for a while evn on MSRP). I think you'll see it settle to around 5k-10k ADM until the used car market can sort itself out because as long as people are paying 40k for used FK8s (and they are), then the dealers have no incentive to sell an FL5 for 44k. How long will that take? It could be 6 months or could be two years. So people refusing to pay any ADM may have a wait ahead of them depending on how lucky they can get.

Waited 2 years foe te FK8 to get MSRP, I'll wait again. In that time the 10K ADM people are giving the dealers will make me money sitting in savings.
Sponsored