• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Wait until after this generation is over. Then we'll make comparisons. I'm guilty of saying "400 FL5 units a month in 4 years is wayyy less than 48000 FK8s in 4 years". But I'm just feeding to the fire. We can't compare until this generation Type R is no longer in production. And probably with a cool Limited Edition model made with Spoon Sports or something. Since it can be the last ICE Type R.

Anyways, going to talk to a manager at Honda of San Juan to see how many of these numbers are getting mixed with the numbers going to Florida where they import from to the Caribbean or if they're not mixed with the allocation numbers headed to Florida.
Sponsored

UnderCover

First Name
Tas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR
don't get so worked up... we know you were citing facts and that you always post good info. trouble is... there are no definitives except what has already happened... otherwise, it's all speculation. let the results speak for themselves. i appreciate your contributions here.
Let's be real here, there wasn't many facts used for RD's view. Honda's been supply capped for a while, 2022 was terrible for Honda supply chain and plenty of sources will confirm and why sales, especially Acura, suffered so much - there was no cars. His view is a self justified FOMO view on the car, as we all are to some degree, but we are only 4 months in and predicting anything beyond today is entirely speculation. Look at the price history for the FK8 TimeRacer supplied, derive what you want.

To add to this post, locked one in below $5k ADM.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@UnderCover I even said as much and went back and outlined my core points earlier today, because they got so ridiculously misconstrued. If people, like LameRacer, want to stretch their imagination so far beyond my actual words (then try to put words in my mouth simultaneously), thatā€™s not on me. At the end of the day, no one knows what the future holds with any more certainty than the plant managers where the FL5 is built and their managers. Even then, their certainty has limitations.

I have nothing else to add.

I have no leads to share with anyone at the moment, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Once I lock one down for real I think this will have to be my plate. šŸ¤£

E5DEA0E7-1931-4047-B2E6-F6C01DD12D4F.jpeg
I go back and forth between ā€œGotta have it now!ā€ and ā€œI refuse to pay a penny over MSRP!ā€ Itā€™s a problem. Haha. One good thing: the longer I wait, the easier waiting gets.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I wish our standard IL plates werenā€™t so hideous. I mean, most state plates are blah, but I wish I could get plain black or plain white platesā€¦kinda like Euro plates.

UnderCover

First Name
Tas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR
@UnderCover I even said as much and went back and outlined my core points earlier today, because they got so ridiculously misconstrued. If people, like LameRacer, want to stretch their imagination so far beyond my actual words (then try to put words in my mouth simultaneously), thatā€™s not on me. At the end of the day, no one knows what the future holds with any more certainty than the plant managers where the FL5 is built and their managers. Even then, their certainty has limitations.

I have nothing else to add.

I have no leads to share with anyone at the moment, unfortunately.
I don't think your points were misconstrued beyond your intent. Simply the basis your trying to build your entire viewpoint is simply an opinion. This is the facts:

Honda to cut car output by up to 40% in Japan on supply problems

Not because of one factory, not on the basis of production capacity you're building your entire view upon. What do we see today?

The Honda Civic LX Returns for 2023

Indicating the supply chain is improving and will continue to improve for the entire Civic and associated vehicle lineup.

Though now resorting to name calling? For anyone who actually paid any attention to the Japanese car market and not just a single car, this really looks like pie in the face for you. You take your speculation, which isn't based upon anything from a quarterly report or market analysis, personally and that's all it is. Speculation.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I don't think your points were misconstrued beyond your intent. Simply the basis your trying to build your entire viewpoint is simply an opinion. This is the facts:

Honda to cut car output by up to 40% in Japan on supply problems

Not because of one factory, not on the basis of production capacity you're building your entire view upon. What do we see today?

The Honda Civic LX Returns for 2023

Indicating the supply chain is improving and will continue to improve for the entire Civic and associated vehicle lineup.

Though now resorting to name calling? For anyone who actually paid any attention to the Japanese car market and not just a single car, this really looks like pie in the face for you. You take your speculation, which isn't based upon anything from a quarterly report or market analysis, personally and that's all it is. Speculation.

CHILL, GUYS... as we all have admitted, we're dealing with a few facts and a ton of speculation. help us here by posting and linking to any new official information (with an opinion if you wish)... but it's not healthy to double-down on debates over issues with so many unknowns. I do analyses and what-ifs (successfully) for a living, but we don't spend this much energy on unknowns. we use our resources to get the best results with what we have until we get new facts.

so, in that mindset... congrats, UnderCover!
...and, please share your strategy and experience about how you scored one in order to help others on here. :)

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@UnderCover If you take a closer look, youā€™ll see that Time Racer was chosing to pick phrases, not fully formed sentences nor thoughts (not only mine, but otherā€™s) to support arguments that didnā€™t even make sense or were going waaaaay off the deep end with incongruent comparisons. Itā€™s fine. Iā€™ve chosen to ignore this person. It was clear a logical discussion could not be had. The end. Letā€™s move on. I feel like you and I can have a good discussion.

Good info about the ā€œpossibilityā€ (key word) of supply chain improvements in that article about the return of the LX model. However, Iā€™m not optimistic. I believe the ā€œprobabilityā€ (key word) is that the article is pointing to a shift in production to less expensive cars, while the global economy and supply chain remain shaky at best. Weā€™ve seen Honda do this exact thing in the not-so-distant past, with respect to poor economic times. Look at what they did to the Civic in 2012 (the 9th gen). Please look it up and read about it. In short, Honda intentionally cheapened cars to be sensitive to the poor economy of the time. Civic sales were way down that year. With this in mind, I donā€™t see a correlation between this article and FL5 production increasing. Note, the title of the article itself doesnā€™t read ā€œHonda Increases Production of the Civic Type R for 2023.ā€ So, we can agree that supply chain improvements and improvements to FL5 production is speculation too, yes? Hereā€™s moreā€¦

The FL5 is built in one singular factory in Japan. These are not normal Civics that are built around the globe. This is 100% factual information. So, Honda stating they are cutting production by up to 40% in Japan, would ā€œpossiblyā€ impact the singular plant where the FL5 is built. Perhaps ā€œpossiblyā€ can be changed to ā€œprobablyā€ in that last sentence. Regardless, we can agree this is speculation (though, well rooted in facts).

Quarterly production reports? Yes, plant managers would have those as well as their managers. At this time we can only sit back and watch how production pans out, yes?

Pie? 3/14 was yesterday my man. I didnā€™t get any yesterday and none today either. Dang.šŸ¤£

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I thought weā€™d moved on too. So to my ops seeking me out, just for the sake of argument (vs logical discussion), please know Iā€™m no longer responding to any of that from this point forward. šŸ™‚

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! D3464D3B-4D9D-46A0-8927-503CF479AC6E

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Once I lock one down for real I think this will have to be my plate. šŸ¤£

E5DEA0E7-1931-4047-B2E6-F6C01DD12D4F.jpeg
I see a report on the Motoring Obsession site that the chicago area vehicle 00861 had a 15k markup. NO WAY. LOL It was nowhere near that. If the dealer said that, it was probably to discourage people from calling them. šŸ˜ˆ I will try to enter in my report.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23ā€™ Type R
Today is the day I get serious about the Type R. So Subaru is offering me 40 beans for my STI (20k miles btw :oops:). Iā€™ll be looking to sell it off the week I get back from vacation.

I need me a red FL5. I used the surgebar, but canā€™t find the motoring site to start calling everyone up. Can someone provide?