• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
There’s a lot of variables here and I think your FOMO might be leading you down the wrong path.
Let’s start at base, all dealers are working off one another, so if dealer A got a 10-15k ADM, in most instances dealer B is running with that number because why not line the pockets? Now are there unicorn MSRP deals out there yes, are there 3k and 5k deals out there yes, are some of the 10-15k ones coming down, yes but 80% of people interested in the FL5 are max willing to pay 5k ADM and not a penny over. Which means any dealer offering MSRP or 3-5k of course the lists are super deep and no right minded dealer is gonna deal with the headache of tying up 10k in deposits knowing they might not even be able to fill 10 orders in this cars run. Which brings me to the next point, because there is STILL no official numbers and ONLY speculation on how many will be made for the US. Dealers as well as us in the market are working on hearsay. This is still a very much in the dark situation for everyone. Next up. Given all these things working against each other, some dealers are wising up that there are a handful of people out there that have severe FOMO on this car so if they get a call and say they are a 5k adm and the person offers a 7.5k bid. This might be where you are seeing refunded deposits or “first come first served” situations. Same way dealers know people
Want it bad and will do anything to get it, so they have no officially locked in deal or trust if a guy on the waitlist that has a 1k deposit down wants it earlier and finds a separate deal, so now they gotta refund a deposit, etc, it’s a lot of work. First come first served allows for real buyers to present themselves at the dealer and lock in the deal or start a bid war. I have called over 100 Honda dealerships across the US and I’m in Chicago. I’ve heard every trope on this site repeated by the dealers. They admit to almost all of this. So my final advice would be, keep your eyes peeled for the next wave of cars and start making calls, while you’re waiting for that go through the East coast deliveries thread on here and look for ASPECR posts regarding incoming cars from the past. Call those dealers that already got one cuz the cycle is about to repeat itself. First wave dealers are about to get the 4th wave cars and then 2nd wave gets 5th. Etc. I hope this helps a bit. I don’t think anyone is trying to be fully disrespectful by not offering you up a silver platter of dealer names with the best deals, but please keep in mind some have been working on locking down their deals since the car was announced or since before MSRP was even set in stone. And same way you have had a deal pulled on you, no one wants that to happen to them. As a guy who has been calling and calling and calling, bashing my head into my keyboard having to say the same song and dance. You’ll get your 5k deal in the next three months. Just remain diligent. If you can’t get this done till next year, mute this site and wait. Don’t allow “what ifs” to drive you to obsession. I guarantee you will get one and get one when you’re ready.

Wayyy too long for me to read…
Sponsored

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
Wayyy too long for me to read…
Hopefully it’s not too long for @I used to vtec to read cuz it was meant for him and it’s long but informative. I feel like I didn’t mention used car prices, the GR Corolla or Elantra N, PPF, like there wasn’t something to argue so most people won’t even glance 🤣 everyone on here just likes to bicker I swear. RIP.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I’m done @TimeRacer . I’ve not made any of these “assertions” you state. Case in point, I never said the CTR was the most important vehicle (end sentence). You know how sentences work, right? Re-read what I said and maybe you will comprehend more than short phrases and singular words within the context I provided. I also never said $10k ADM will sustain indefinitely. Where did I say this? Show me. Yeah. Doesn’t exist because I never said it, nor even hinted at it. Oh here’s something else…I never said it wasn’t possible production could pick up. I said it isn’t PROBABLE to hit FK8 numbers. Do you know the difference between these words “possible” and “probable?” I guess not as I’ve used them a few times and you still don’t seem to register their meaning. I bring up the FK8 production and used prices, because it is relevant historically and a good gauge that folks here are familiar with, including the context of when they were built vs today. Like @Tickle said, you’re taking snippets of what I (and others) ACTUALLY SAID and spinning them to fit your weak, non-fact/non-reality, based narrative. You must work for a major US news network or are simply ChatGPT. It’s 100% clear a logical discussion cannot be had here. Ignoring you now….and….Byeeeee

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I’m done @TimeRacer . I’ve not made any of these “assertions” you state. Case in point, I never said the CTR was the most important vehicle (end sentence). You know how sentences work, right? Re-read what I said and maybe you will comprehend more than short phrases and singular words within the context I provided. I also never said $10k ADM will sustain indefinitely. Where did I say this? Show me. Yeah. Doesn’t exist because I never said it, nor even hinted at it. Oh here’s something else…I never said it wasn’t possible production could pick up. I said it isn’t PROBABLE to hit FK8 numbers. Do you know the difference between these words “possible” and “probable?” I guess not as I’ve used them a few times and you still don’t seem to register their meaning. I bring up the FK8 production and used prices, because it is relevant historically and a good gauge that folks here are familiar with, including the context of when they were built vs today. Like @Tickle said, you’re taking snippets of what I (and others) ACTUALLY SAID and spinning them to fit your weak, non-fact/non-reality, based narrative. You must work for a major US news network or are simply ChatGPT. It’s 100% clear a logical discussion cannot be had here. Ignoring you now….and….Byeeeee
Why engage for so long? Don't feed the trolls.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Some of his points made sense, so I thought useful, learning, discussion could be made. I was wrong. Very very wrong.🤣

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
@TypeRD - Since you decide to block me over it. It's remarkable to get so irked by something when you say,

TypeRD said:
it isn’t quick nor easy when other production cells (within the plant) are committed to building other important vehicles. Know what I mean? The CTR is maybe the most important car to us, but from a production and $ perspective, it’s just one of several important vehicles that they need to produce and ship to dealers. Again, it is possible, but very highly improbable, that Honda would shift production away from other vehicles to make more CTR’s.
The CTR simply doesn't have a profit margin or volume sufficient enough for it to really be the priority. Yes, I acknowledge I overemphasized it but still the whole point is you made a lot of assumptions about the limitations of production and delivery numbers and set them in stone. I pointed out your assumptions as they're obviously not up for discussion. Even the assumption that every Honda plant is running at 100% duty cycle and zero capacity is not utilized due to say parts, it's all just assumed - which I said is fine.
TypeRD said:
I also never said $10k ADM will sustain indefinitely. Where did I say this? Show me. Yeah. Doesn’t exist because I never said it, nor even hinted at it.
TypeRD said:
I don’t think there will be a shortage of buyers who will pay extra for a brand new FL5 (even when given the option to pay MSRP or a little less for a used example). $10k extra? No. Up to ~$5k, sure.
So not an extension of today's market which I described? will continue indefinitely for the life cycle right? Hence your logic to buy it now/soon? Or is this really over $5k stated difference vs $5k-10k pricing of today?

TypeRD said:
I never said it wasn’t possible production could pick up. I said it isn’t PROBABLE to hit FK8 numbers. Do you know the difference between these words “possible” and “probable?”
yet...
TypeRD said:
Why? Because, unless a miracle happens, FL5 production numbers will not reach the same production numbers as the FK8. And even if they did, again, look at the prices that lightly used FK8’s are selling for.
Then...
TypeRD said:
I bring up the FK8 production and used prices, because it is relevant historically and a good gauge that folks here are familiar with, including the context of when they were built vs today.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/Honda-Civic-Type-R-d2568

I brought up an actual price tracker of the FK8 & FL5 numbers... Which shows a consistent, albit slow decline of FL5 pricing and a steady decline for FK8 pre-pandemic, not some inference of price or production or whatever reason. Then noted a number of used cars that were selling for more than new due to the pandemic issues which IS beginning to return to normal. Ex.:

https://www.iseecars.com/used-cars-cost-more-than-new-study
https://www.businessinsider.com/used-car-prices-expensive-new-msrp-toyota-rav4-ford-honda-2022-9

TL : DR
I never believed it could be this difficult to understand cars, the absolute overwhelming majority, markups go down once more supply becomes available. I apologize this has been such a disruptive idea the FK8 pre-pandemic pricing history will be similar to the FL5. Last Post.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Y’all postin some long ass responses lol, definitely ain’t readin all of that
I'm reading it all, but can't comment because they both have good points and they're both talking speculations... so, there's no right or wrong... i think they should both state their main points in a short blurb and we will revisit in a year or two and see who was right. 😛

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

don't get so worked up... we know you were citing facts and that you always post good info. trouble is... there are no definitives except what has already happened... otherwise, it's all speculation. let the results speak for themselves. i appreciate your contributions here.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thanks @1971Camaro. Appreciate you too buddy. You’re one of the most cool and level-headed folks here. As others said, it became abundantly clear that Lame Racer is trolling. I wasn’t all that frustrated TBH. Just wanted to unload on the blatant misinformation. 🙂

I agree with you, there’s a ton of speculation happening, including from myself. I’m not trying to fuel fomo by any means. I’m just trying to share info and perspective that is rooted in facts.

——SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM IF YOU SIMPLY WISH FOR ADVICE — I know I’m wordy.🥴

FL5 production is lower/slower (currently) than FK8 production was. It could improve in 2024 and beyond, but auto makers (Honda included) have already said it is what it is this year, a struggle.

Honda closed their largest vehicle production plant in Japan last December to ready it for production of electric vehicles. Additionally, they’re not taking any more FL5 orders in Japan. Neither of these factors are favorable for the chances of increased FL5 production. BUT, we all know more FL5’s will reach our shores. This should give potential buyers more dealerships to shop and force said dealerships to be a bit more competitive with their pricing. It will still be a sellers market this year, but buyers shouldn’t anticipate these $10k+ ADMs to hold if they simply wait a bit.

——HOUND THE DEALERSHIPS——

The best advice I can provide : Continue to hound those dealerships so you’re first in line (while more allocations arrive in your area). They might finally be ready to make a reasonable deal any day! Look at @Icehawk ‘s post. Cars are coming kids!🤩

Last edited: