• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Someone needs to show Honda this thread and how high these emotions are running. Car would be out next week šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Honda habitually likes to milk anything new they make for as long as they can before they actually have to commit to building it and selling it to their anxiously waiting customers. For my girlfriend we secured a new 2023 HR-V EX-L in Nordic Forest around the time the they announced it (April 4) and the started to reach dealers in the southwest by the first week of June. We didn't even know what the fuck Nordic Forest looked like until dealer images on Facebook started to show up. They historically suck at being clear about information.

My educated guess here is they will allow dealers to order in the November/December APEX and then they should show in the US January/February. Anything earlier than that is crack smoke
Nice theory.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Driving review videoā€™s for the CRV are released August 30th.

They usually start showing up at dealers a few weeks after. At least thatā€™s how it rolled out for the integra I believeā€¦

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Honda habitually likes to milk anything new they make for as long as they can before they actually have to commit to building it and selling it to their anxiously waiting customers. For my girlfriend we secured a new 2023 HR-V EX-L in Nordic Forest around the time the they announced it (April 4) and the started to reach dealers in the southwest by the first week of June. We didn't even know what the fuck Nordic Forest looked like until dealer images on Facebook started to show up. They historically suck at being clear about information.

My educated guess here is they will allow dealers to order in the November/December APEX and then they should show in the US January/February. Anything earlier than that is crack smoke
All this just seems unfair. Their sales are down 51% from 2021.

No one saw Nordic.

Honda sucks at things for sure. Mainly that they cater to massive dealers.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
RAV4 Hybrids are unicorns were I live. I think Iā€™ve seen maybe two!
I had 2 friends give up on getting a RAV4 Hybrid because the expected waitlist is over a year long. One of them just straight gave up on anything hybrid and even their delivery on a regular Tucson SUV took over 6 months. Unless there's a massive change in supply chain, this car is gonna take months if not years to get in everyone's hands. Patience is a virtue as they say...

Mad

First Name
MM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e90 335i, 2018 HB Sport
Honda sucks at things for sure. Mainly that they cater to massive dealers.
ALL vehicle manufacturers cater to dealers as they are their customers. They sell the cars they make to wholesalers, aka dealers. That's how they make $$.

It might not be what you or I want, but it is the reality.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839

THIS.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I had 2 friends give up on getting a RAV4 Hybrid because the expected waitlist is over a year long. One of them just straight gave up on anything hybrid and even their delivery on a regular Tucson SUV took over 6 months. Unless there's a massive change in supply chain, this car is gonna take months if not years to get in everyone's hands. Patience is a virtue as they say...
I'm planning on giving it two years (maybe 3) before I give up and start to consider other options. Might look at a Lexus ES and a Miata. Old person cush car and fun weekend car combo. That could be nice :)We'll see what the market looks like by then

supreme732

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m235
finally talked to a manager at a honda today. he told me ill be able to order within a month... i'm sure he told the same thing to 500 people. so from that i'd say don't expect to see the car until january.

obviously dealers are going to start the bidding wars early

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
ALL vehicle manufacturers cater to dealers as they are their customers. They sell the cars they make to wholesalers, aka dealers. That's how they make $$.

It might not be what you or I want, but it is the reality.
You're missing my point.

You guys are wild at this point. All over the map lol.

I wish you all the best in getting the car you want.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
finally talked to a manager at a honda today. he told me ill be able to order within a month... i'm sure he told the same thing to 500 people. so from that i'd say don't expect to see the car until january.

obviously dealers are going to start the bidding wars early
Why does everyone keep saying January? I agree that every person isnā€™t going to have one by November, but I donā€™t know where this whole January thing is coming from? Honda has said it launches this fall, and before the Pilot, which is still on par to launch before the end of the yearā€¦

supreme732

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m235
Why does everyone keep saying January? I agree that every person isnā€™t going to have one by November, but I donā€™t know where this whole January thing is coming from? Honda has said it launches this fall, and before the Pilot, which is still on par to launch before the end of the yearā€¦

because the dealer told me i can "probably" order next month. meaning they haven't heard anything yet... also meaning cars are probably being made right now. it doesn't take a day to make and ship a car from japan

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
because the dealer told me i can "probably" order next month. meaning they haven't heard anything yet... also meaning cars are probably being made right now. it doesn't take a day to make and ship a car from japan
Iā€™m aware of all of that, still doesnā€™t take 4 months to make a car either.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
If they were building actual production cars on the assembly line right now, they would be on sale domestically (in Japan) in a couple weeks and in the US in 4-8 weeks. Maybe 10 or 12 tops considering the logistics headaches of late, and depending on the port they come to. The production line sequence probably takes a day from start to finish for a given car.

The cars we are seeing were built on that assembly line but probably not in any sort of normal production sequence.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I think the general consensus taking all the various theories and rumours together is that order books should open September, with delivery early next year. Wouldn't be surprised if that slips though...
Sponsored