• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
In transit meaning the Honda website when you build the car and put in your zip it will show dealers in your area. It is color specific I have noticed so keep that in mind you have to go back and forth between the colors to see if anything pops. Dealer called me last Thursday to let me know he sees car in his system with vin (thinking this is system that AspecR screen shots for us?). Yesterday my car was not showing on the Honda builder as in transit but today it is. Pure speculation on my part but I would guess in transit in Honda terms means car has left port of entry and is actually en route to dealer.
Interesting. I hadn't checked that before. I am in talks with the dealerships who have the allocations, but they aren't even sure yet when they will be getting them.
Sponsored

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The Honda builder website listed mine as in transit but my salesman said it's still pending. Possibly, the builder website uses "in-transit" as a blanket statement for it not being at a dealership vs. "in-stock" for when it's physically there? Then again, it's possible my salesman didn't have the most up-to-date information at that time.
Correct, "In Transit" is a blank statement for the status of car that has a VIN and has been assigned to a dealership. It will get there eventually. It could be in transit and still collecting dust in richmond.

Like all the east coast cars

Z4dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 330
got a text from another dealership that a type R has arrived

Any update for CA
JHMFL5G43PX000467
S10ā€“40422-00001 BURLINGAME

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
In transit meaning the Honda website when you build the car and put in your zip it will show dealers in your area. It is color specific I have noticed so keep that in mind you have to go back and forth between the colors to see if anything pops. Dealer called me last Thursday to let me know he sees car in his system with vin (thinking this is system that AspecR screen shots for us?). Yesterday my car was not showing on the Honda builder as in transit but today it is. Pure speculation on my part but I would guess in transit in Honda terms means car has left port of entry and is actually en route to dealer.
Mine says in transit, but the dealer says it is still waiting to be assigned, as far as shipment goes.

Kogelthebro

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
I called a Richmond, VA-area dealer today with the suspicion that they received an allocation (based on AspecR's posts). I reached out to them in June and was all but assured that I was first in line. They tell me this morning that they did receive an allocation, but that their general manager purchased it for himself. What is that lmao.

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
any possible way to get a rough estimate on how many fl5s are in peopleā€™s hands (prob impossible)? i feel like iā€˜m the first in this forum? was thinking of just putting it aside to just sit in garage for a while, but i canā€™t stop driving it. gonna drive the shit out of it and not worry. i have around 270ish miles now, maybe the highest mileage one out there besides the dudes in japan who already have theirs????

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
I called a Richmond, VA-area dealer today with the suspicion that they received an allocation (based on AspecR's posts). I reached out to them in June and was all but assured that I was first in line. They tell me this morning that they did receive an allocation, but that their general manager purchased it for himself. What is that lmao.
There is a long list of things that dealers do that I dislike but understand such as markups, holding out on info for any reason, or letting people start a bidding war. Far more things.

One thing I cannot accept or understand is this. My dealer here in marysville told me the other day that they only sell at MSRP. They would only sell to local people, who have a trade in, and that has done business with them before (oh wow that's me perfect). They had no one on their list...I thought perfect. Closest dealer located to me, sells at MSRP, couldn't be better. But then he went on to tell me that the General manager had dibs on the first Type R...I was like..ok, well put me on the list for the next. That's a deal I can muster. So he went to go 'put me in his book'. When he came back, he proceeded to tell me he got me in his book, but not only was the first one already pre-sold to the GM, the GM also already pre-sold the next 2 to his 'friends' Literally what the sales guy told me. I told him "bro that sounds pretty shady" then laughed. He was like...well do you want to be put in line or not. I just hung up on the guy.

IMO, you should not be allowed to pre-sell your own inventory. I totally understand maybe the first one (even though I still think that's still grimy) but the first 3? Lol what's the point of having the business?

Pretty sure that was the salt in me talking, but that is not good business to me. I was shocked the dude even let on that much info LOL.

Sorry you got jacked dude, that sucks.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
any possible way to get a rough estimate on how many fl5s are in peopleā€™s hands (prob impossible)? i feel like iā€˜m the first in this forum? was thinking of just putting it aside to just sit in garage for a while, but i canā€™t stop driving it. gonna drive the shit out of it and not worry. i have around 270ish miles now, maybe the highest mileage one out there besides the dudes in japan who already have theirs????
Maybe ask what peoples badge numbers are on their cars? If you get a big enough sample, you could see what the highest number is and that could be a pretty good estimate.

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
Prob the first on this forum. Have you been getting a lot of attention on the road? haha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Type R
Woop Woop, just heard from my dealer. Their rep was there this weekend and told them they're getting a champ white. Just waiting for the allocation to pop up in the system this week!!

Wasn't excited....now I'm excited!!

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Can we see some damn content already? lol not one youtube video. I need you guys to hold me over while i refuse to pay these 15/20k markups haha.
The Boys out here slackin! All these VINs I posted and only one person has posted a picture.

where are the videos!?!

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
There is a long list of things that dealers do that I dislike but understand such as markups, holding out on info for any reason, or letting people start a bidding war. Far more things.

One thing I cannot accept or understand is this. My dealer here in marysville told me the other day that they only sell at MSRP. They would only sell to local people, who have a trade in, and that has done business with them before (oh wow that's me perfect). They had no one on their list...I thought perfect. Closest dealer located to me, sells at MSRP, couldn't be better. But then he went on to tell me that the General manager had dibs on the first Type R...I was like..ok, well put me on the list for the next. That's a deal I can muster. So he went to go 'put me in his book'. When he came back, he proceeded to tell me he got me in his book, but not only was the first one already pre-sold to the GM, the GM also already pre-sold the next 2 to his 'friends' Literally what the sales guy told me. I told him "bro that sounds pretty shady" then laughed. He was like...well do you want to be put in line or not. I just hung up on the guy.

IMO, you should not be allowed to pre-sell your own inventory. I totally understand maybe the first one (even though I still think that's still grimy) but the first 3? Lol what's the point of having the business?

Pretty sure that was the salt in me talking, but that is not good business to me. I was shocked the dude even let on that much info LOL.

Sorry you got jacked dude, that sucks.
Two separate dealers that I worked with pre-sold their units to friends of the owners. Two others refused to take deposits or reservations, but failed to mention this in any of the conversations that I had with them in the months ahead of the car's release. These experiences, combined with the markups, have been like a cold shower on my enthusiasm for the car, I won't lie. I still like it and perhaps one day I'll still buy one, but as of right now, I'm enjoying living vicariously through others.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
The Boys out here slackin! All these VINs I posted and only one person has posted a picture.

where are the videos!?!
Agreed. So far the only thing we have so far is some random Japanese guy on YouTube
Sponsored