• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Promising ultimate street performance and driver engagement, the 2024 Integra Type S will be powered by a high-revving 2.0-liter VTEC turbocharged engine producing over 300 horsepower
High reving 2.0lt?
Since when that is considered high? :dunno:
Sponsored

Last edited:

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Also think that since the motor is made in the US, it's easily justified to just build the entire car from the Ohio plant anyway. I will be surprised to learn if the ITS keeps all of the CTRs chassis enhancements and stiffening, steering etc. To me it seems like the FL5 has a ton of minor revisions to the chassis which is what makes it so great.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
If the ITS is just a re-badged FL5, I'll lean more towards that but my dealership just emailed me telling me I've just been bumped up on the waiting list. I'm now #15 from #52. Which ever comes first

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I'm confused. Why would they have two of the same car? I don't really get their approach. Maybe its a way to boost Acura sales?

What would make sense is same engine, auto transmission, nicer seats, heated, ventilated, etc. A car with punch that the general populace would get. A rebadged CTR is doesn't make sense to me.

Also the Integra is probably going to be more expensive msrp. And these dealers WILL mark it up, so again what's the strategy here?
Its not a rebadged CTR though, and for what you said would make sense that is actually what's happening (minus the auto transmission). As others have said, Acura is pushing the Type S brand. Imo they are doing a far better job at it than what Lexus is doing with their 'F Performance' branding, because their F sport stuff is really just an appearance package. At least with the Type S its distinguishable from the base model.

All of the heavy work for the R&D has been supplemented with the CTR so that dramatically cut down on production costs.
Sponsored

Last edited: