• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
VERY Surprised it did so well on pretty MEH tires, also it looks like there is a great opp to get significant better times with better suspension + wider better tires.

Stock suspension seems kinda lack luster on twin tubes (eww).

Also I didn't know the rear space was that decent, I was expecting WAYYY worse LOL. I think GRC is moving up in my placement of things.

" Unique to Canada, the GR Corolla Core will come standard with heated front seats and front and rear TorsenĀ® Limited Slip Differentials (LSD)."

LOL, sorry my American friends.
To get a 6'6" guy in the rear, Throttle House must have moved the front seat way up. In the Corolla hatch, when I adjust for my height (6'2"), there's like 3 inches of rear legroom behind the driver's seat. About 5" less than the Corolla sedan or Civic.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
To get a 6'6" guy in the rear, Throttle House must have moved the front seat way up. In the Corolla hatch, when I adjust for my height (6'2"), there's like 3 inches of rear legroom behind the driver's seat. About 5" less than the Corolla sedan or Civic.
Wait who was 6'6 that got in the back in their review? Did I miss it? That doesn't sound right, in terms of them fitting WITH ANY leg room.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Wait who was 6'6 that got in the back in their review? Did I miss it? That doesn't sound right, in terms of them fitting WITH ANY leg room.
Throttle House review showed two people getting in the back seat, one was 6'6". 24:40 min

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Throttle House review showed two people getting in the back seat, one was 6'6". 24:40 min

Ahhh near the end, I didn't see the 6'6 indication at the bottom of the screen, didn't know that guy was that tall. Holy smokes... the seatback is behind the B pillar. So Im not sure if its really moved front that far TBH.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Ahhh near the end, I didn't see the 6'6 indication at the bottom of the screen, didn't know that guy was that tall. Holy smokes... the seatback is behind the B pillar. So Im not sure if its really moved front that far TBH.
Probably adjusted for the two TH guys who are like 5'10", so that's not bad. I'm just too tall for a lot of cars, my old knees prefer to be more straight.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
The New C43 wagon is sexy AF. That was supposed to be what Iā€™m driving now but I bought a Gladiator instead (always wanted a Jeep, needed a truck).

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Not in the same price range, but what are thoughts on a ā€˜23 Supra 6spd?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Not in the same price range, but what are thoughts on a ā€˜23 Supra 6spd?
I think its cool. The door jam up top would probably TKO me everytime I got in and out šŸ˜…. If the CTR wasn't around, Id probably get it.

Would rather have that over the GRC.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, the styling does put me off a little, but I had a dealer offer me a ā€˜23 with a $3k ADMā€¦ so was just curious on others thoughtsā€¦wouldnā€™t an M2 be far more and it isnā€™t even out yet, right?

AtmosFearik

First Name
FV
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R, Gen 1 Audi R8 V10 Manual, E46 M3 6MT
I have a deposit down for a GR Corolla as well but if I can get an allocation for a CTR at MSRP, I think I'd prefer the FL5. It just feels a little more special to me. BUT, I won't be mad at all if I have to settle for a GRC.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yeah, the styling does put me off a little, but I had a dealer offer me a ā€˜23 with a $3k ADMā€¦ so was just curious on others thoughtsā€¦wouldnā€™t an M2 be far more and it isnā€™t even out yet, right?
unless you can use a car that has almost no space. the Supra visibility is on par with a Camaro and basically no storage. M2 isn't much better but least it has a rear seats. I don't think either cars work as a daily.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
unless you can use a car that has almost no space. the Supra visibility is on par with a Camaro and basically no storage. M2 isn't much better but least it has a rear seats. I don't think either cars work as a daily.
Yeah, this would just be for fun. Donā€™t need any daily amenities, other than 2 seats.