• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Acura Integra Type S 🤭
As many people claiming to be out on the CTR, don’t know that it’s going to be any easier to get. Even with it being built in the US, if a ton of CTR buyers shift that way, could be just as big of a shit show. Not to mention, the markups… and right now Acura might not do that, but once they realize the golden ticket they have; I bet they change their tune.
Sponsored

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
i finally got the chance to drive a dct elantra n, i can tell you....that car was super fun, those seats are stupid comfy

i know with a tune and bolt on's that car is probably stupid fun

easily worth the $33k msrp imo
I'm going to try out a manual today. I'm sure I'll come to the same conclusions!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
As many people claiming to be out on the CTR, don’t know that it’s going to be any easier to get. Even with it being built in the US, if a ton of CTR buyers shift that way, could be just as big of a shit show. Not to mention, the markups… and right now Acura might not do that, but once they realize the golden ticket they have; I bet they change their tune.
Best time to hedge your CTR bet is NOW for the ITS. Find your MSRP Acura dealers and get a deposit in. They are BEGGING for business and preorders.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Best time to hedge your CTR bet is NOW for the ITS. Find your MSRP Acura dealers and get a deposit in. They are BEGGING for business and preorders.
I agree, need to pull that trigger ASAP, but I would need to see more of it before I actually bought one. Something about that car doesn’t sit right with me, mostly the rear. Not sure a spoiler and wider fenders can fix that, but who knows.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
It’s a good time to buy a TLX or MDX as well for under MSRP. Basically, Acura’s flagship sedan, the TLX, isn’t selling and there’s a glut of MDXs (a good car). The Integra is still ramping so numbers are limited (but already going for MSRP). It’s a good hedge to get on the ITS waitlist for MSRP.

Looking at the numbers below, I don’t envy people working in Acura sales right now. If I were in the market for an ITS, I’d say something like, “Cut me a good deal on the ITS pre-order and I will consider buying an MDX in the near future.”

11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? 1664224085363

Last edited:

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
strange. I got 2 dealers telling the ITS allocations will be available in NOV22 and release about JAN23. really? found 5-6 MSRP dealers pretty easily.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
strange. I got 2 dealers telling the ITS allocations will be available in NOV22 and release about JAN23. really? found 5-6 MSRP dealers pretty easily.
I guess I'll keep saying it. Dealers don't know anything yet, all speculations all just guessing. They are just telling you shit so you won't annoy them.

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Touring - 2020 BMW M340ixdrive
When interest is getting low I can get hatchbacks otherwise don't have any plan buy brand new vehicle.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
That integra won’t be released before end of summer 23 at earliest

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
My plan is to try to get one launch day then end up crying since I couldn’t get one.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Out of a handful of practical (but “hardcore”) sport cars with 4 seats and a manual, you’re pretty much limited to CTR and M3. There is nothing else.

Yes, there’s the GR Corolla and others, but IMO they’re either impractical (GRC back seat is a joke) or not hardcore enough.

…and please don’t “Cadillac” me.
I'd take the CT5-V Blackwing over an M3, although it costs like a bajillion dollars or something.

It even looks like the FL5.

11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? IMG_2816

not sure about the CT4-V Blackwing, it's hard to get excited about the V6.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
That integra won’t be released before end of summer 23 at earliest
My Acura dealer told me I'll have mine by Spring. He said May but then readjusted to say spring.

I would tell all CTR people at least Canadians to get on the ITS list as alternative, probably avoid the upmarking craze as well for those down south.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Type S is for the street and Type R is the hardcore variant. Honestly after seeing the disappointment in both TLX Type S and the NSX Type S. I dont expect much from the teg other than a detuned Type R engine and disappointing drive at the limit.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
My Acura dealer told me I'll have mine by Spring. He said May but then readjusted to say spring.

I would tell all CTR people at least Canadians to get on the ITS list as alternative, probably avoid the upmarking craze as well for those down south.
thing is…we are just now seeing spy shots in September

it might make an actual reveal during Jan/feb is we are lucky then tack on 3 months to that for the release

November was the unveil of the prototype and we saw the first cars in June when they said spring , prepare for a similar timeline

although I hope we do see that car very soon
Sponsored