• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
thing is…we are just now seeing spy shots in September

it might make an actual reveal during Jan/feb is we are lucky then tack on 3 months to that for the release

November was the unveil of the prototype and we saw the first cars in June when they said spring , prepare for a similar timeline

although I hope we do see that car very soon
Didn't honda/acura show the tentative timelines for future releases somewhere. I swear I saw it a while ago, but then again it might have been fake lol.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Type S is for the street and Type R is the hardcore variant. Honestly after seeing the disappointment in both TLX Type S and the NSX Type S. I dont expect much from the teg other than a detuned Type R engine and disappointing drive at the limit.
Wouldn't a better benchmark be teg vs civic? ASPEC vs SI?

We already know the ITS isn't a bespoke Acura car like the NSX and TLX. It's a rebadged Honda civic. Meaning using those 2 examples are apples to oranges.

In that case rhe teg against is benchmark was just as good, but "nicer". Correct me if I'm wrong here, but against relevant comparitives it was exactly what it was ment to be no?

I don't know why people had such lofty expectations for the base teggy anyways. It was like a Crack boy dream that was obviously never meant to be, IMO.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Type S is for the street and Type R is the hardcore variant. Honestly after seeing the disappointment in both TLX Type S and the NSX Type S. I dont expect much from the teg other than a detuned Type R engine and disappointing drive at the limit.
Lol... What did you expect of the TLX Type S or NSX Type S that they disappoint?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Wouldn't a better benchmark be teg vs civic? ASPEC vs SI?

We already know the ITS isn't a bespoke Acura car like the NSX and TLX. It's a rebadged Honda civic. Meaning using those 2 examples are apples to oranges.

In that case rhe teg against is benchmark was just as good, but "nicer". Correct me if I'm wrong here, but against relevant comparitives it was exactly what it was ment to be no?

I don't know why people had such lofty expectations for the base teggy anyways. It was like a Crack boy dream that was obviously never meant to be, IMO.
a lot of people myself included wanted a hatch Si. When it turned out the Integra was just that, we got excited. But then Acura applied it’s stupid stick to it, making it look long and fat. Nobody wanted a long and fat hatch Si.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I was expecting 220-230 HP in the integra tbh. Heck I was expecting the 2022 civic SI to be around 210-215HP and when they announced it with just 200HP I figured they were saving it for the integra... Eh well.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Acura motto: Expect the worst. Hope for mediocrity.
so true. I've driven lots of Acuras in the past but dont have much confidence anymore. Recent Type S offerings continuously fall short, wouldn't expect much difference with the Teg

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm assuming lambo competitor and m3 competitor.
expected least to keep up with a S4. TLX S transmission program is shit, slow always hunting for gears and auto upshift in manual. Car feels heavy, plows and does't really utilize its awd. As for the NSX S, its slower than a 10 year old GTR and eats just as much gas.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Lol... What did you expect of the TLX Type S or NSX Type S that they disappoint?
The NSX Type S was actually pretty nice. Most people were disappointed with the NSX itself rather than the trim. You can only so much on a car that is already underwhelming

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
NSX is awesome IMO. It's no biggie. It often takes the world time to catch up to a Honda being better than originally thought. It's a good quality to have. I have no doubt it is a car that will be remembered fondly. That makes for a good halo car.

TLX Type S is a fine car too. It is easy to like more than Audi S4 but I would absolutely understand if someone preferred going with the S4. I find neither to be driver's cars but capable of doing a bit of everything... Including having fun on back roads. It isn't like you want to take either to a track so describing it as something that plows seems a bit extreme. The SHAWD is enjoyable in any back road situation I've had a chance to drive them in. Including the SUVs. Excellent at pushing out of turns.

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
At 4:20 in this video, there's good commentary on the difference in feel between the S4 and TLX Type S. Apparently it's an Audi event where they brought a competitor car for direct testing

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Unless you're a super Honda fanboy, I don't see why you would go with a NSX Type S over a R8 V10+ or a 992 911 GTS or even a AMG GT-R.
Sponsored