• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I don't think the Type S production will be as "limited." People are already paying mark ups for the Si but you can easily find a 6MT Integra at MSRP.
I'm pretty sure a lot of the ITS (if not all) will come with an Auto and that could be a deal breaker for a lot of the CTR buyers.
Before the chip shortage, Acura was planning to sell up to 35K Integras per year. Even if they only make 50% of that figure, that’s still a lot cars on the market. If the Type S ends up selling for around $40k with a 2.0T engine, I think it’ll redirect (by design) a lot of sales from the FL5 without cannibalization (due to limited supply on the FL5).

Option 1: Wait a year or two for an FL5 allocation with unknown ADM.
Option 2: Buy Integra Type S for MSRP (~2023).

11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? 1662162533788
Sponsored

Last edited:

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
For those who havent experienced it, Mazda has absolutely nailed the infotainment control with their dial controller.
Absolutely agree, although it is a bit laggy even on new MX-5's. It felt a bit quicker in a Mazda 3 loaner we had recently.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I’m also 6’2” and I sat in the Corolla hatch. It’s fine up front but behind the drivers seat is like 4” of legroom. I could probably deal with it since I’ll usually have 3 people not four (picking up kids from school). But 4 people no way.

So while the Type R is my second choice I might choose it just so we can use it on trips. I expect the next gen GRC will be bigger.

I have no backup, nothing that seats 4 is remotely interesting except maybe a CT4 Blackwing. IS500 for sure if it had a manual.
Yeah I can fit in it, its just that dimensionally its alot smaller which what you are getting at. No way you could fit 4 people in that lol. I absolutely love Rally Cars so I still think its awesome but I want something a bit more spacious.

The CT4 Blackwing and the IS500 are really cool cars, and there are some other cars that are great but I just know that they aren't for me.

golty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M340i Xdrive
I have a perfectly good M340i that is only a year old but I've never wanted a new car as much as the FL5. I suspect in the UK the price will be above £40k, which will be annoying as that will demand the 'luxury car' tax in the UK. I'd be willing to go upto £45k to get one but it seems mad that I'd likely be paying more a month for the FL5 than the M340i!

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I have a perfectly good M340i that is only a year old but I've never wanted a new car as much as the FL5. I suspect in the UK the price will be above £40k, which will be annoying as that will demand the 'luxury car' tax in the UK. I'd be willing to go upto £45k to get one but it seems mad that I'd likely be paying more a month for the FL5 than the M340i!
Same. This will only be my second new car ever. My first was my FG2 Civic Si way back in 2008! I sold that back to Honda after two years for lack of enthusiasm; a great drivetrain saddled by an ordinary car.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Same. This will only be my second new car ever. My first was my FG2 Civic Si way back in 2008! I sold that back to Honda after two years for lack of enthusiasm; a great drivetrain saddled by an ordinary car.
It'll be my first new car. I'm excited about seeing my odometer so low. I'll probably hate watching the miles go up.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
It'll be my first new car. I'm excited about seeing my odometer so low. I'll probably hate watching the miles go up.
i got my fk8 with 5 miles on it...i put 25k in the first year lol

such a blast to drive

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
i got my fk8 with 5 miles on it...i put 25k in the first year lol

such a blast to drive
I drive a good bit too... I thought about keeping my accord to offset some of the miles but... Eh fuck it.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I drive a good bit too... I thought about keeping my accord to offset some of the miles but... Eh fuck it.
always a good idea to keep multiple cars....i daily a 94 ex sedan 5spd

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
Refill the 3rd car garage with crap I don't need

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
it shouldn't cost too much over 40k. Dollar is so strong against the yen.
The weak yen probably raises the cost of the car, because Japan imports a lot of the components and commodities and has to pay way more to build the car.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The GRC may be harder to find than the FL5. If it starts around $36k, it’s a no-brainer. Just wish they‘ll make a crap ton instead of 6600 total (1500 Circuit, 5100 Core).
I wonder how many will want the Core - without the differentials (and seats) the GRC isn't that special. I'm sure they'll adjust production if everyone wants the Circuit.