• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The weak yen probably raises the cost of the car, because Japan imports a lot of the components and commodities and has to pay way more to build the car.
Well it will be relative to the dollar so as long as the dollar is strong it should temper the price.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
I find it hilarious AF that people think they will just be able to go to a Toyota dealership and pluck a GRC off the showroom floor if they are not able to get a CTR.
If you dont have a deposit down and are not in the top 5 on a waiting list somewhere, you won't be getting a GRC, at least not the MY23.
Prices for the GRC have been leaked.
Base core - $36k
Circuit Edition - $43k
Morizo Edition - $50k

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
I wonder how many will want the Core - without the differentials (and seats) the GRC isn't that special. I'm sure they'll adjust production if everyone wants the Circuit.
🤣 Ummm no, they won't be "adjusting" production of the Circuit Edition.

Yeah but you CAN get the Core with the differentials
Yup, and the majority of the cores will probably come with the performance pack which adds the diffs. Don't see many base cores being produced.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I find it hilarious AF that people think they will just be able to go to a Toyota dealership and pluck a GRC off the showroom floor if they are not able to get a CTR.
If you dont have a deposit down and are not in the top 5 on a waiting list somewhere, you won't be getting a GRC, at least not the MY23.
Prices for the GRC have been leaked.
Base core - $36k
Circuit Edition - $43k
Morizo Edition - $50k
I talk about it as a back up to the CTR because I already have a deposit down for both. I'm just waiting to see what the final pricing will be for CTR and GRC before deciding on which, or just saying fuck it all and getting a GR86 and saving the extra cash.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I'm cross shopping the following cars in the following order:

1) Civic Si as a value pick
2) New gen Accord 2.0T as a stretch
3) CTR as an even larger stretch
4) Acura Integra manual

Everything revolves around finding something at MSRP. If I can't find a Civic Si at MSRP, I might jump to an manual Integra but I would have to consider the Accord and CTR first because I can't really justify spending $38k on a 1.5T regardless of the luxury features.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I'm cross shopping the following cars in the following order:

1) Civic Si as a value pick
2) New gen Accord 2.0T as a stretch
3) CTR as an even larger stretch
4) Acura Integra manual

Everything revolves around finding something at MSRP. If I can't find a Civic Si at MSRP, I might jump to an manual Integra but I would have to consider the Accord and CTR first because I can't really justify spending $38k on a 1.5T regardless of the luxury features.
Honestly, had the manual Integra come with a de-tuned 2.0T I would probably have it at the top of my list as a perfect compromise between sporty and luxury. But at its current price with the same 1.5T from the Si? EEHHHH....The luxury is nice, but not THAT nice.

The only reason I can think that they didnt do it is because the Type S will have it. Guess we'll have to wait and see though.

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
The have seen in uptick in value as of late too. Well, the PDK versions anyway.
Saw one for $124k near my place.

Cayman manual is my backup, but I'll put it off another two years after I'm unable to secure a Type R; save up more for that down payment