• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I'm definitely one of those guys. At some point, you just have to get into something and live life. Can't be waiting forever.
The only thing keeping me from buying something now is that winter is coming. If I don’t have an FL5 by March at the latest my money will have to go elsewhere. I’m not pissing another summer away without my summer car.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Would love it but for some god forsaken reason they didn’t bring it to Canada.
"Emissions"..... I had my rsq3 and rs3 canceled :'(. And now I'm here lol. Getting a CRV hybrid and FL5, I would have never thought this day would ever come lol 2 years ago.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I wouldn’t mind a Elantra N for couple years and get a mid cycle FL5. Elantra N is also pretty hard to come by, especially in a manual.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
I wouldn’t mind a Elantra N for couple years and get a mid cycle FL5. Elantra N is also pretty hard to come by, especially in a manual.
Luckily we have the i30 hatch in Australia so that will be my back up. Can't get around the sedans looks.
From what I'm hearing there maybe as much as a $20k saving! i30 premium hatch is $54k incl gov charges, the civic is tipped to be starting with a 7!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Luckily we have the i30 hatch in Australia so that will be my back up. Can't get around the sedans looks.
From what I'm hearing there maybe as much as a $20k saving! i30 premium hatch is $54k incl gov charges, the civic is tipped to be starting with a 7!
I’d love a i30n. I think the refresh looks way better than the Elantra. Might even take it over the Type R if the price was same as the Elantra. Don'tcare about laptimes, whats more engaging to drive.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
I’d love a i30n. I think the refresh looks way better than the Elantra. Might even take it over the Type R if the price was same as the Elantra. Don'tcare about laptimes, whats more engaging to drive.
Not to mention track warranty.
I'm waiting for price to be released for the CTR in Aus before I decide but the i30n is pretty compelling.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Does the i30 lack rear legroom? I wish it’s offered in the US. With the discontinuation of the Veloster N, bringing the i30 N over would‘ve been better. Can’t stand the front end on the Elantra N.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
"Emissions"..... I had my rsq3 and rs3 canceled :'(. And now I'm here lol. Getting a CRV hybrid and FL5, I would have never thought this day would ever come lol 2 years ago.

Lol! I went from a pacifica and wanting to add an m240i to now having an FL1 and waiting for an FL5 haha😂.

Sometimes its whacked how things change!

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Does the i30 lack rear legroom? I wish it’s offered in the US. With the discontinuation of the Veloster N, bringing the i30 N over would‘ve been better. Can’t stand the front end on the Elantra N.
It does. The Civic is a bigger, more practicle car and I like the interior more on the FL5.
I have driven both (fk8) and you are really splitting hairs when it comes to being a daily driver.
The FK8 finished up around $59k. Rumour has it the FL5 will "start with a 7".
If that is true and Honda Australia are going to price gouge now that they have fixed pricing, I will buy the i30n.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The Elantra hatch was fine in the back seat so I'd guess it's fine. I test drove an Elantra GT hatchback before it left the US, it was pretty decent but not quite there yet.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I always wonder whos smart idea to spend the money build a different N on a awkward 3 door when they already had a i30n they could have sold as a Elantra GTN. It really could have been a hit and took some GTI market share. Veloster was fun as hell and price just right but just the 3 door and rear seats made it a no for me. I30n is just about the perfect sport compact for the price.