Sponsored

Best advice for factory size all season tires?

AUGM1

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Threads
18
Messages
95
Reaction score
11
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
SI
To start, my 2023 Type R has about 22k on the factory tires.
Got it serviced about a month and a half ago at the dealer with the report coming back as the tires were in the yellow.
Then, a couple of weeks ago I started losing 8 or 10 pounds of air in one tire over the course of 3 or so days.
Just found out there are 3 nails in that tire, and one is supposedly to close to the sidewall for repair, and the tread on the inner edge is starting to crack.
I can confirm as the shop (not dealer this time) showed me.
Anyway, they are telling me a tire called Vercelli Strada 2 is a good tire at way less that the Contie's and others.
Worth a try or just pay the big $$$$ and get some other all season's?
Oh, I live in Central Arkansas, so very little snow, but lots of 70 degrees one day, then below freezing for a week type weather in the winter.
Spring can be wet for weeks as well.
Sponsored

 

asone

Member
Joined
May 10, 2018
Threads
1
Messages
16
Reaction score
30
Location
IL
Website
www.speccomparepro.com
Vehicle(s)
'26 Integra Type S
Wow. Vercelli is so cheap. I have Conti on my Type S and I like them. But I have no idea how good or bad Vercelli is. Also, Tire Rack and Discount Tire wouldn't show me a price, so they might match or beat these.

Vercelli Strada II 265/30R19 93W XL, cheapest first:

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus 265/30ZR19 93Y XL, cheapest first:
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,040
Reaction score
828
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
To answer your question directly, I don't think a cheap set of tires is worth it on a fwd performance car.

Your temps fluctuate a lot, so maybe a single tire solution is more affordable, but in my experience it's never best. Having two sets always gets you more out of the tires and your car (winter and summer).
 

zumbooruk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
675
Reaction score
627
Location
Ventura CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5, 2014 Chevy Suburban (wife), previous 2007 FA5
I still have a way to go on the OEM tires, but I already started researching tires.

Top of my list is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus

I want to get taller sidewall, so I am considering 275/35R19

If I recall correctly, the DWS06 is cheaper than the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, and has about the same performance/reviews.
 


Unobtanium

Member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
25
Reaction score
6
Location
SWMO
Vehicle(s)
2011 CVPI
I still have a way to go on the OEM tires, but I already started researching tires.

Top of my list is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus

I want to get taller sidewall, so I am considering 275/35R19

If I recall correctly, the DWS06 is cheaper than the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, and has about the same performance/reviews.
Ive used dws06+ and psas4. On different vehicles, neither a CTR. The psas4 was louder. Both has good dry and wet performance. The psas4 was shockingly good on snow and ice. Id say about 75% as good as Blizzak ws90. The dws06+ ive not taken through a winter.
 

NamD

New Member
First Name
Nam
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
NW Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
I’m up north in Fayetteville and will be trying out the Goodyear f1 all seasons since they rated well on tire racks testing. Going to step up in sidewall to 265/35/19
 

Unobtanium

Member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
25
Reaction score
6
Location
SWMO
Vehicle(s)
2011 CVPI
I’m up north in Fayetteville and will be trying out the Goodyear f1 all seasons since they rated well on tire racks testing. Going to step up in sidewall to 265/35/19
I won't argue their ratings, I just know I've never had a Goodyear impress me. I work in NWA, so I literally drive the same roads you do. 4 years ago, I used an Acura RDX ASPEC AWD on CC2's in the winter. Did great. 3 years ago, I used a EV6 GT on PAS4's in the winter. It worked pretty well. Next year I used CC2's. maybe 20% better. 2 years ago, I used a Buick Lesaber on Blizzak WS90's. It did decent, not stuck. Last year I used a P7B interceptor on Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV studded. It worked well except on hills, which still required momentum. Drove from Springdale to Eureka Springs in that car on the Sunday of that snow storm last year. Did fine with that. It was getting to my house that took so much. 20% grade for about 1/2 a mile with turns and reverse banked at that. No fun. DID make it though. Full YEET!!!!

If you mean to drive this car in the snow, I highly recommend an actual snow tire.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...Year=2025&autoModel=Civic Type R&autoModClar=
11th Gen Honda Civic Best advice for factory size all season tires? img_2_1746861498521

11th Gen Honda Civic Best advice for factory size all season tires? img_1_1732066644014


11th Gen Honda Civic Best advice for factory size all season tires? 20250110_173952

11th Gen Honda Civic Best advice for factory size all season tires? 20260126_084436
 
Last edited:

NamD

New Member
First Name
Nam
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
NW Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
I have an old rwd sequoia I would use for foul weather commuting and most of the roads I travel on are plowed. Worse roads are in my subdivision when the slush melts and freezes.
 

Blindeye_03

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Threads
17
Messages
433
Reaction score
103
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR - red
Wow. Vercelli is so cheap. I have Conti on my Type S and I like them. But I have no idea how good or bad Vercelli is. Also, Tire Rack and Discount Tire wouldn't show me a price, so they might match or beat these.

Vercelli Strada II 265/30R19 93W XL, cheapest first:

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus 265/30ZR19 93Y XL, cheapest first:
Holy crap those prices...


$286.99 from tire rack for those contis in 265/35-19 I add some meat to protect against pot holes. $333 for them in 265/30-19.

They grip great but wear quick. I get more life out of Michelin pilot all season 4s all seasons.
 


Unobtanium

Member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
25
Reaction score
6
Location
SWMO
Vehicle(s)
2011 CVPI
Holy crap those prices...


$286.99 from tire rack for those contis in 265/35-19 I add some meat to protect against pot holes. $333 for them in 265/30-19.

They grip great but wear quick. I get more life out of Michelin pilot all season 4s all seasons.
I got 20k miles on psas4 on my ev6 GT. So far my CVPI has about 10k mi on dws06+ and they are at 6-7/32. Honestly pretty comparable wear.
 

Blindeye_03

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Threads
17
Messages
433
Reaction score
103
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR - red
I got 20k miles on psas4 on my ev6 GT. So far my CVPI has about 10k mi on dws06+ and they are at 6-7/32. Honestly pretty comparable wear.
Well my dws06 on my fk8 lasted something terrible like 18k miles before they were down to 2/32 where as the michelins lasted close to 30k miles.

On my FL5 I bought the Contis again since the Michelins didnt come in or werent available in the size I wanted (265/35-19). They grip great, but dont last in my experience. Currently my Michelin Pilot 4s summers (275/30-18) have less wear than my all season contis and both sets of tires have 12k miles on them.
 

asone

Member
Joined
May 10, 2018
Threads
1
Messages
16
Reaction score
30
Location
IL
Website
www.speccomparepro.com
Vehicle(s)
'26 Integra Type S
Well my dws06 on my fk8 lasted something terrible like 18k miles before they were down to 2/32 where as the michelins lasted close to 30k miles.

On my FL5 I bought the Contis again since the Michelins didnt come in or werent available in the size I wanted (265/35-19). They grip great, but dont last in my experience. Currently my Michelin Pilot 4s summers (275/30-18) have less wear than my all season contis and both sets of tires have 12k miles on them.
Wow. 18k is so short. Is that without rotating the tires, or even with rotating the tire? I have OEM size DWS and put 7k miles so far. I don't have a tool to measure the tread, but I'll find out when I got oil change next month.
 

zumbooruk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
675
Reaction score
627
Location
Ventura CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5, 2014 Chevy Suburban (wife), previous 2007 FA5
Wow. 18k is so short. Is that without rotating the tires, or even with rotating the tire? I have OEM size DWS and put 7k miles so far. I don't have a tool to measure the tread, but I'll find out when I got oil change next month.
The last set on my FA5 (07 Si) lasted about 14k miles. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 which has a 45K mile warranty. I rotated every oil change, so two rotations.

I am not sure if it was tire compound or the way I drive.

The current FL5 OEM tires are at 12K miles and about half worn out. might get 18-20k out of them.
 

Blindeye_03

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Threads
17
Messages
433
Reaction score
103
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR - red
Wow. 18k is so short. Is that without rotating the tires, or even with rotating the tire? I have OEM size DWS and put 7k miles so far. I don't have a tool to measure the tread, but I'll find out when I got oil change next month.
Yep I rotate them at least once a season before swapping back to summers and do the same with those. Sometimes more but I do check tread depth.
Sponsored

 
 







Top