• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best insurance for Type R

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I just took my 19 Accord off insurance since it's sold.

I got a quote on CTR. My insurance dropped just over 330 every six months.

To be fair.. I felt like Progressive was charging me too much as my insurance went up about 210 the last two renewals.

Pretty crazy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
I just took my 19 Accord off insurance since it's sold.

I got a quote on CTR. My insurance dropped just over 330 every six months.

To be fair.. I felt like Progressive was charging me too much as my insurance went up about 210 the last two renewals.

Pretty crazy.
So Progressive gave you $330 initially for the Type R and for your Accord your insurance had increased by $210 after 2 renewals? Just confirming if I got it right.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So theast two renewals on my Accord kept going up. I really have no clue why but... Everything kept going up. So the jump was 210 in total.

The CTR lowered it 330 based off my quote. I didn't add it because the car is somewhere over the ocean.

Hope that makes sense.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Can I get a check on my policy with USAA? $1,071 for 6 month premium.

11th Gen Honda Civic Best insurance for Type R 1676005586519

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Get a quote from Progressive.
Whooooa much cheaper for the same coverage. Is Progressive good these days? My main advantage with USAA is that their customer service is incredible and they never give me any issues paying out when needed.
11th Gen Honda Civic Best insurance for Type R 1676006898623

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but a few people have also pointed out that Progressive has been iffy when it comes to coverage so idk what to do. Don't really want to spend a lot on insurance (almost triple the cost from State Farm and double from Geico) but also concerned whether the risk of going with Progressive is worth the difference. $71/month Progressive vs. $150 Geico vs. $200 State Farm, all while Progressive having the lowest deductible and highest coverage. Options!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yeah but a few people have also pointed out that Progressive has been iffy when it comes to coverage so idk what to do. Don't really want to spend a lot on insurance (almost triple the cost from State Farm and double from Geico) but also concerned whether the risk of going with Progressive is worth the difference. $71/month Progressive vs. $150 Geico vs. $200 State Farm, all while Progressive having the lowest deductible and highest coverage. Options!
Iffy coverage? Hmmm... I haven't seen anything from them I didn't care for other than the raise in cost the last two renewals. I've had them for just over ,5 years.

Try a local progressive insurance agency versus direct. Maybe they can provide more information you can depend on.

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah if you go a few messages back on this thread some people pointed out that Progressive can sometimes not cover some stuff so I'm just concerned about that. Other than that, $71 for a Type R (I entered the VIN to get the quote) for full coverage is too good to pass on.

SPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic EX
Yeah if you go a few messages back on this thread some people pointed out that Progressive can sometimes not cover some stuff so I'm just concerned about that. Other than that, $71 for a Type R (I entered the VIN to get the quote) for full coverage is too good to pass on.
If you haven't made a phone call to an insurance agent I would try to speak with someone at State Farm or Geico and let them know what Progressive is offering for the same coverage. If they don't budge then maybe going with the cost effective option and trying again after a year or two of safe driving is the best path forward.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Ya'll just be glad you don't live in South Florida, these rates for the coverage you guys have are amazing compared to South Florida lol.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
State Farm has been dubbed Snake Farm in both auto & home insurance markets by well known & experienced adjusters. If shops say that they like dealing with certain insurance companies, that doesn’t always mean that it pans out well for the consumer.

My best experiences have been with Nationwide which we have currently. They have been the easiest to work with & I’ve had to pay the least out of pocket for repairs on any of our vehicles. I use the $250 deductible which so far has been refunded to me each time after repairs were completed due to it being the other motorists fault. Triple A is another good one.

Cheap isn’t good & good isn’t cheap. Just remember that when sh*t hits the fan. You can obtain a decent rate & be well protected. Perform due diligence & read the entire contract & compare them. It pays.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I spoke with my body shop. They mentioned that all the insurance companies are basically about the same. We have one in our area called Erie. Maybe they are nationwide but I suspect they may not be. He said if you have a vehicle that you don't intend to put many miles on. Erie is a good one. While most insurance agencies will use aftermarket parts after two years. Erie will wait until the car eclipses 15,000 miles no matter how long.

They mentioned if there was one they like dealing with the least it is Allstate.

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So based on what everyone has said so far, every other shop/person has had different experiences with different agencies. Few said the shops don't like dealing with Progressive, few with State Farm, few with AllState, etc. Guess I'll go with Progressive unless I get something else for even cheaper. $71/month full coverage for the Type R with Progressive vs. $77/month for my current '02 CR-V comprehensive not collision with State Farm lol.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Got a quote from Hagerty for 1300 for the year, with a value of 55k. My existing insurance with Safeco wants 740 for the year. I'm only going to being driving 1k miles a year so was hoping it would be less. Liberty mutual was around 1300 for the year. I'm going to call a few more.
Sponsored