• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best insurance for Type R

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Got a quote from Hagerty for 1300 for the year, with a value of 55k. My existing insurance with Safeco wants 740 for the year. I'm only going to being driving 1k miles a year so was hoping it would be less. Liberty mutual was around 1300 for the year. I'm going to call a few more.
Will there be defined extended periods (>30 days) when you will not be driving the car?
Sponsored

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Will there be defined extended periods (>30 days) when you will not be driving the car?
Not in any of those quotes, maybe thats my issue. I'm only going to drive it May-October and then probably just a few nice weekends during those 6 months. I'll try and see if I can get certain dates put in to the policy.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Not in any of those quotes, maybe thats my issue. I'm only going to drive it May-October and then probably just a few nice weekends during those 6 months. I'll try and see if I can get certain dates put in to the policy.
Yeah, that's why I asked. I'm in a similar situation where I don't daily drive the FL5. USAA offers a Vehicle Storage Discount you can place or remove on the policy at any time. It's incredibly liberal and user friendly. The premium is cut in half when the car is in storage. I presume other insurance companies have a similar rider.

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
I know insurance cost relies on various factors but in general Progressive has been giving rates on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I pay $71 a month for mine and it's full coverage. My driving history is clean and no claims either. Assuming most of you guys are older than me you should probably get even better rates.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I know insurance cost relies on various factors but in general Progressive has been giving rates on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I pay $71 a month for mine and it's full coverage. My driving history is clean and no claims either. Assuming most of you guys are older than me you should probably get even better rates.
Progressive was also the cheapest option for me as well at $115 a month. I previously had USAA, and they're great, but the difference in price was over $50 a month.
Sponsored