• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best insurance for Type R

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Got a quote from Hagerty for 1300 for the year, with a value of 55k. My existing insurance with Safeco wants 740 for the year. I'm only going to being driving 1k miles a year so was hoping it would be less. Liberty mutual was around 1300 for the year. I'm going to call a few more.
Will there be defined extended periods (>30 days) when you will not be driving the car?
Sponsored

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Will there be defined extended periods (>30 days) when you will not be driving the car?
Not in any of those quotes, maybe thats my issue. I'm only going to drive it May-October and then probably just a few nice weekends during those 6 months. I'll try and see if I can get certain dates put in to the policy.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Not in any of those quotes, maybe thats my issue. I'm only going to drive it May-October and then probably just a few nice weekends during those 6 months. I'll try and see if I can get certain dates put in to the policy.
Yeah, that's why I asked. I'm in a similar situation where I don't daily drive the FL5. USAA offers a Vehicle Storage Discount you can place or remove on the policy at any time. It's incredibly liberal and user friendly. The premium is cut in half when the car is in storage. I presume other insurance companies have a similar rider.

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
I know insurance cost relies on various factors but in general Progressive has been giving rates on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I pay $71 a month for mine and it's full coverage. My driving history is clean and no claims either. Assuming most of you guys are older than me you should probably get even better rates.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I know insurance cost relies on various factors but in general Progressive has been giving rates on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I pay $71 a month for mine and it's full coverage. My driving history is clean and no claims either. Assuming most of you guys are older than me you should probably get even better rates.
Progressive was also the cheapest option for me as well at $115 a month. I previously had USAA, and they're great, but the difference in price was over $50 a month.

MidlifeCTR

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Championship White Civic Type R
For my FL5 in Michigan is $367/mo through State Farm. Clean record. I can get to around $300 with Progressive, but you get what you pay for? Still insane.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Progressive was also the cheapest option for me as well at $115 a month. I previously had USAA, and they're great, but the difference in price was over $50 a month.
USAA was great once upon a time. In recent years they have fallen off in a major way. I left them after over 20 years. What was once the best, and quite frankly only game in town, they're just not competitive. And it's not even close. There's a sub-Reddit with people complaining and jumping ship. With the same coverages I damn near cut my premium in half leaving USAA. YMMV.

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I'm an old man by comparison (37 + married) so my insurance at State Farm is pretty cheap. It's a little over $50 per month for high coverage and a $100 comprehensive deductible. Like many have said it varies a lot per region but definitely shop around.

When I was in my 20's and drove an S2000 insurance was not cheap. It's just part of being a car enthusiast at your age.
50 dollars a month?! How?! My wife’s record is completely clean with a 800 credit score and her insurance for an Elantra costs me 110. I pay 120 for my type R. Damn thefts of Hyundais really messed things up.

pigfacedalarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Don’t forget, coverages matter. Full coverage may just be state minimums. So don’t get bent up if someone says “full coverage at $xxx” without defining the coverage amounts.
My coverages attached, price is every six months. I have multiple cars, home, and umbrella through State Farm so your mileage may vary.
11th Gen Honda Civic Best insurance for Type R IMG_0133

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
USAA was great once upon a time. In recent years they have fallen off in a major way. I left them after over 20 years. What was once the best, and quite frankly only game in town, they're just not competitive. And it's not even close. There's a sub-Reddit with people complaining and jumping ship. With the same coverages I damn near cut my premium in half leaving USAA. YMMV.
Who'd you go with?

I'm still with USAA and definitely feel the increases over the years (though last two renewals it went down and stayed the same).

I've shopped around and haven't been able to get a comparable quote that beat USAA, but I'm not sure if that's because I am in California. Triple AAA was almost 50% more than what USAA wanted too.

I am reluctant to go with Progressive/Geico due to stories about they offer you a sweetheart deal then jack it right back up on your next renewal.

For what it's worth, I pay $499 every six months on my ITS. $1k deductible, $300k/$500k coverages required for my umbrella.

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
I have Utica National. Their rate beat a ton of companies that my agent quoted. I've been with them for years and have been pleased. I saw a rate increase this year, but that has been the norm lately.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
50 dollars a month?! How?! My wife’s record is completely clean with a 800 credit score and her insurance for an Elantra costs me 110. I pay 120 for my type R. Damn thefts of Hyundais really messed things up.
It's now about $90 a month. For the first model year the insurance companies considered the Type R a standard Civic. Didn't take them long to catch on...

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Who'd you go with?

I'm still with USAA and definitely feel the increases over the years (though last two renewals it went down and stayed the same).

I've shopped around and haven't been able to get a comparable quote that beat USAA, but I'm not sure if that's because I am in California. Triple AAA was almost 50% more than what USAA wanted too.

I am reluctant to go with Progressive/Geico due to stories about they offer you a sweetheart deal then jack it right back up on your next renewal.

For what it's worth, I pay $499 every six months on my ITS. $1k deductible, $300k/$500k coverages required for my umbrella.
I've historically had a relatively high insurance score and I was still getting hosed by USAA. I know there's more that goes into the premium than the score but it wasn't adding up to me. Anyhow, I went with GEICO. Progressive and State Farm were also cheaper and by a lot. The Progressive rate is for sure a teaser rate. They're up front about that referring to it as an "introductory rate". It will go up no question at policy renewal. I liked some of the nuances of the GEICO policy, like MBI which was dirt cheap. It was a no brainer to add them to two of the cars on the policy. I also moved my homeowner's insurance (from another carrier, not USAA) to GEICO. Also, significantly cheaper than my previous carrier.

My six month premium on the FL5 is $365 with a $500 comp, $1,000 collision deductible, $300k/$500k bodily injury, $100k property, $5k medical payments. These figures help no one, but people always find these interesting, so thought I'd share.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Don’t forget, coverages matter. Full coverage may just be state minimums. So don’t get bent up if someone says “full coverage at $xxx” without defining the coverage amounts.
My coverages attached, price is every six months. I have multiple cars, home, and umbrella through State Farm so your mileage may vary.
IMG_0133.png
Do you have personal injury, rental and underinsured motorist? If I take those out Im at $470 w State Farm so pretty close to yours.
Sponsored