• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
So you were able to route the wire through the wire shroud that connects the cabin to the hatch? And then through to that nozzle cover? Did you use any tools besides the endoscope?

I want to tackle this project and so far, your install is the cleanest.

This is how I tackled mine for the rears:
Sponsored

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
More pictures of the rear

11th Gen Honda Civic Blackvue DR900S Dash Cam and Battery Hardwired Install IMG_8386

11th Gen Honda Civic Blackvue DR900S Dash Cam and Battery Hardwired Install IMG_8382

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Oh dang you did it! I'll have to try it out.

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Oh dang you did it! I'll have to try it out.
It was eating away inside of me 😂

Plus there were a few crazies on the road that just sped up the thinking process.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I decided to try this and it went somewhat well. I was able to get it installed and working but ran into a few bumps. I wasn't able to hide the wire on the final piece of trim on the hatch. There just didn't seem to be enough space for the wire to fit in. I tried the double prybar method but I got nothing.

I ended up using a couple of the stick on clips to clip on the wire to the window. The other issue I ran into was that I broke off one of the little clips on the hatch panel. Hopefully it doesn't cause any rattling or else I'll have to buy a new trim piece and have the dealership put it on because apparently I cannot.

Thanks for the video though, wouldn't have been able to do it without you.

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
So I decided to try this and it went somewhat well. I was able to get it installed and working but ran into a few bumps. I wasn't able to hide the wire on the final piece of trim on the hatch. There just didn't seem to be enough space for the wire to fit in. I tried the double prybar method but I got nothing.

I ended up using a couple of the stick on clips to clip on the wire to the window. The other issue I ran into was that I broke off one of the little clips on the hatch panel. Hopefully it doesn't cause any rattling or else I'll have to buy a new trim piece and have the dealership put it on because apparently I cannot.

Thanks for the video though, wouldn't have been able to do it without you.
If there is some left over cabling you can also bundle it up and put it in between the headliner - give that a try and see how you go.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Had a close encounter with an idiot on the road so this install got done a lot quicker than anticipated.

Had the same camera and battery on both the FK8’s and now on the FL5 - was a relatively straight forward install except the fuse labeled “ACC” was still drawing a current even when the car was switched off. Fuse number 42 was the winner in this instance as it didn’t draw any power (even 0.05v) when the car was switched off.

Still trying to see how to position and wire the rear camera since the rear trim doesn’t come off for a tidy install.

Question for ya...

Does this one have a monitor mode? I'm looking for video quality and a good parking mode where I can see it live?

It seems to be hard to find everything in a package. Some have strengths versus others.

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Question for ya...

Does this one have a monitor mode? I'm looking for video quality and a good parking mode where I can see it live?

It seems to be hard to find everything in a package. Some have strengths versus others.
I think the DR900X has a live view with an addon lte unit. The parking mode is great and is a good theft deterrent if you have the LED on.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
When I was down in Florida with my CTR last summer and just chilling in a parking lot, one thing I realized about not requiring front plates is that if someone were to hit me with the front of their car and fled, I wouldn't be able to identify them with my dashcams. So I guess I'm glad in a way that New York mandates them (not that I use it). 🙃

Last edited:

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for ya...

The DR900 does have live view but you will need to be near it's Wi-Fi in order to connect to it and view it. There is an LTE module that, I assume, will let you view it live from anywhere. There is also the DR770X-2CH LTE which has built in LTE.

Also, there is a subscription model that comes with Blackvue cameras. If you choose not to pay any subscription, I believe you only have X amount of live view minutes per month whereas if you pay the subscription, you have unlimited live view minutes per month.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
No not yet, no clean way of getting it installed that I’m completely happy with.

I’ve been busy with a new Jazz/Fit RS so that got more attention than the FL5 😂

There's the usual light in the back of the car in the hatch section. where do those lights get their power? Also, the car communicates with the hatch lock/unlock -- is that wired or wireless?

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
What style of Fuse tap did you guys use? The one that came with my BlackVue 970x doesn’t fit the factory fuse?