• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boost Blue with Volk Racing CE 28

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
How does this not look horrific with that offset?

You sure that isn't a typo and it's actually +42? I would have thought there would be a hideous amount of poke, but this... looks pretty great actually.

Some of my favorite wheels. 18s look just fine on the FL5, why do they look so awful on the DE5?

Also please comment on how these and the springs affect steering and handling. How are you using this car? Will it ever see the track?

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
Great Job! Any rubbing?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@optronix I was thinking the same! Springs plus adjusted camber must be the reason they still appear to be nicely tucked?

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Man I love CE28 so much....wish they come with offset that works for SCCA rules but no such luck...

OP
OP

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
How does this not look horrific with that offset?

You sure that isn't a typo and it's actually +42? I would have thought there would be a hideous amount of poke, but this... looks pretty great actually.

Some of my favorite wheels. 18s look just fine on the FL5, why do they look so awful on the DE5?

Also please comment on how these and the springs affect steering and handling. How are you using this car? Will it ever see the track?
That offset on it. It suppose to be type r fitment but I wish it was a little more aggressive. I haven’t brought it to the track yet with the wheels and springs. I brought the car recently with a pretty stock setup. The turn in a lot better though with the setup and brakes seem to be better. I do notice the stiffest setting is better with this setup. There is a bit of tire noise. I will be putting back stock wheels at the end of the month because stock tires still have a lot tread.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
The FL5 looks less tucked than the FK8 but its still pretty tucked, 45ET looks pretty normal.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
Looks great!
Are you running any additional rear camber with adjustable camber arms? Or its just the natural multi link camber from lowering?
I've also got a set of the same wheels coming that I plan to run 275/35R18 RE71RS' on which should fill out the gap nicely.

OP
OP

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Looks great!
Are you running any additional rear camber with adjustable camber arms? Or its just the natural multi link camber from lowering?
I've also got a set of the same wheels coming that I plan to run 275/35R18 RE71RS' on which should fill out the gap nicely.
I never got it realigned after I lowered it. I like the 275 but it seem 265/35 are the sweet spot in availability.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
One of the sharpest Type R's I have seen.
Excellent job. Thank you for sharing pics.
Sponsored