• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Burning smell after a pull

CivicHatchLife

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic ST 6MT 1.5t Sonic Grey
22 civic hatch st 1.5t 6mt is Ktuned, RMM 90A, SRI & snorkel. I run 94 supreme and only ran 91 since brand new. Currently sitting at 80xxx. I’ve driven this car hard plenty of times before tuning and never any hint of smell. And now it’s tuned this is the second time a smell has been noticed after a short pull. Oil was dark and fuel smell, coolant was low. No leaks ever noticed and guard under engine was always clean with no sign of leaks
Sponsored

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
22 civic hatch st 1.5t 6mt is Ktuned, RMM 90A, SRI & snorkel. I run 94 supreme and only ran 91 since brand new. Currently sitting at 80xxx. I’ve driven this car hard plenty of times before tuning and never any hint of smell. And now it’s tuned this is the second time a smell has been noticed after a short pull. Oil was dark and fuel smell, coolant was low. No leaks ever noticed and guard under engine was always clean with no sign of leaks
probably the clutch slipping.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Why would you tune the 1.5?
Probably because he likes fun. :p

probably the clutch slipping.
This is a good lead to investigate. If the engine RPMs increase without the vehicle speed increasing accordingly, the clutch is slipping. This can be easily illustrated in a datalog if there are any doubts.

OP
OP

CivicHatchLife

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This is a good lead to investigate. If the engine RPMs increase without the vehicle speed increasing accordingly, the clutch is slipping. This can be easily illustrated in a datalog if there are any doubts.
I have maybe 10-15% throttle pressure just to get the car to move. Any more throttle the rpm will spike and the car bogs or stutters

OP
OP

CivicHatchLife

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It still shifts in and out of gear smooth tho?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If you feel it is safe to do so, please upload a datalog of a wide open throttle pull in third gear and we can take a look to determine if the clutch is slipping or not.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I noticed clutch slipping when I had my 1.5 and tuned. It's one of the weak points that you will need to upgrade.
Sponsored