• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can 3-seat rear bench from Civic hatchback be fitted to FL5?

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
I get it, but if it serves a purpose then I’m not sure he really cares what they look like. That back seat will be covered with Child seats and booster seats anyway lol if the rear seat came in a matching red like the front i doubt people would even consider doing this, but they are just black so it’s not that much of a difference.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I get it, but if it serves a purpose then I’m not sure he really cares what they look like. That back seat will be covered with Child seats and booster seats anyway lol if the rear seat came in a matching red like the front i doubt people would even consider doing this, but they are just black so it’s not that much of a difference.
I'm not following that logic. Seems people are most interested in swapping rear seats from a Civic model to transition the FL5 from a 4 seater to a 5 seater. I think it's more about functionality than anything else. Red rear seats would look awful in this car IMHO. There's borderline too much red as it is.

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
I'm not following that logic. Seems people are most interested in swapping rear seats from a Civic model to transition the FL5 from a 4 seater to a 5 seater. I think it's more about functionality than anything else. Red rear seats would look awful in this car IMHO. There's borderline too much red as it is.
A matter of personal taste I suppose. I’m just saying swapping out the stock rear seats on the FL5 isn’t that big a deal since there isn’t anything “special” about them that’s all. I agree that the only reason to do this is to increase seating capacity mostly for kids and that was the case for this person. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
A matter of personal taste I suppose. I’m just saying swapping out the stock rear seats on the FL5 isn’t that big a deal since there isn’t anything “special” about them that’s all. I agree that the only reason to do this is to increase seating capacity mostly for kids and that was the case for this person. Anyway, just wanted to share.
Fair enough. They do leave a bit to be desired. The rear seats in the other markets are just better. Tends to always be the case, right?

Last edited:
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Looks like this is now confirmed possible... (not my car btw) Local guy i know through a Cars & Coffee event just sent me this today. Rear seat from a 2023 Civic Sport Hatchback apparently.

IMG_4590.jpg
This is really helpful. I did this to my Fk8 and was looking to do it to My FL5. Thank you for sharing

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I did this back in July when I picked up my DE5. Very simple install just need a dual buckle and rear seats

11th Gen Honda Civic Can 3-seat rear bench from Civic hatchback be fitted to FL5? 1_3

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
For what it's worth, I think you could swap in the '22+ Si rear seat with no issues--there's one on eBay for ~$650 with shipping.
I was actually about to say this lol. I'm almost certain the Si rear lower bench seat fits the FL5. Also the Si seat has red stitching.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I was actually about to say this lol. I'm almost certain the Si rear lower bench seat fits the FL5. Also the Si seat has red stitching.
Yep! If I were swapping seats, I’d be going for the Si for the red stitching.

And if a red cover were available for the Si rear seat, I probably would’ve done this already.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Yep! If I were swapping seats, I’d be going for the Si for the red stitching.

And if a red cover were available for the Si rear seat, I probably would’ve done this already.
The Si seats would be perfect for FL5 5-seater conversion except you need the seat backs from a hatchback for the integral belt. I’ll be converting as soon as I can find parts. I just want everything to match and don’t want the all-leather from the EX-L or Sport Touring. It’s been a pain trying to find a set since I decided to do it. There were several sets on eBay when I first got the car :rolleyes:

Bigfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 civic type r
Anyone have the part numbers to do the swap?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The Si seats would be perfect for FL5 5-seater conversion except you need the seat backs from a hatchback for the integral belt. I’ll be converting as soon as I can find parts. I just want everything to match and don’t want the all-leather from the EX-L or Sport Touring. It’s been a pain trying to find a set since I decided to do it. There were several sets on eBay when I first got the car :rolleyes:

I keep asking myself why? Are you really going to use a third seat? Seriously, does anyone?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I keep asking myself why? Are you really going to use a third seat? Seriously, does anyone?
I use it several times a week
Sponsored