• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Club Version

Club Version

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Build Thread
Link
Type S ADS Module
One more suspension mod just came in the mail. Looking to install this weekend and post my initial impressions.

11th Gen Honda Civic Club-Version FL5 Civic Type R Build Thread IMG_8795.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Adding More Rotation

Been holding onto this since I bought the car, it's a Whiteline 22MM Rear Sway. I'm not a fan of the metallic silver paint it comes with so I got it powder coated satin black to make it look OEM.

Whiteline Roll Bar 22MM.JPG

I've been hesitant to install as in my opinion the car rotates extremely well, but I did notice once you put stickier tires the car is less hesitant to do so. On my last two track days I was playing a lot with tire pressures to get it to rotate more on the low speed corners but only resulted in marginal differences. I'm booked to go to Sebring in June and I will hopefully have this bar installed.

My goal is to provide some proper feedback on the effects of installing a bigger rear sway bar on the FL5, for those of you who actually track their cars. I've noticed some FL5 owners are installing and in my opinion wasting money on front and rear sway bars, bracings, and aftermarket arms, and have yet to even touch a track surface. So it's been difficult to find some proper feedback on this mod.
When in June are you going? I might be able to make it depending on the date.

OP
OP
Club Version

Club Version

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Build Thread
Link
When in June are you going? I might be able to make it depending on the date.
I'll be there June 9th with PDG. I was considering to instruct but wanted to have time to relax between sessions.

OP
OP
Club Version

Club Version

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Build Thread
Link
Cadillac Feeling?
It's been about about a week now with the Type S ADS module and I have to say the difference is quite noticeable. Of course the car overall is still a stiff ride, but with the module the car is much more compliant especially over large highway junctions. That being said, my next track day is about a month from now so I'll be able to provide my track impressions on the module then.

On another note, I'm actually not enjoying the Spoon wheel and Hub setup as much as I would like. The small diameter of the wheel has made the car more twitchy which is good for the track but not for daily driving. That being said I will be posting the setup soon for sale, and I will be going back to the OEM wheel but the Alcantara option. If any of you are interested in buying the Spoon and Hub lmk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Club Version

Club Version

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Build Thread
Link
OEM Is Always The Answer
Well the Spoon Hub and Wheel are officially off the car, went with the OEM Alcantara wheel. The fit & finish from OEM is just right in my opinion.

Now just eagerly waiting for my next track day...:drive:

11th Gen Honda Civic Club-Version FL5 Civic Type R Build Thread IMG_8848.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Club Version

Club Version

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Build Thread
Link
More JDM Alcantara Goodness
To match the Alcantara wheel, I ordered the Alcantara shift boot (83443-T60-J21ZA) from JDM Yamato. Surprisingly the part was delivered within a week. I've seen some install videos of this shift boot and noticed there is a tab on the bottom that is on the opposite side from the USDM version, but from what I've seen it still fits without any issues. I'll take the time this weekend to install and report back on my findings.

11th Gen Honda Civic Club-Version FL5 Civic Type R Build Thread IMG_8861.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Club-Version FL5 Civic Type R Build Thread IMG_8862.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Club-Version FL5 Civic Type R Build Thread IMG_8863.JPG

Last edited:

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Don't forget to post your feedback on the ITS ADS after your track day. I just bought one this morning.

ayospoonay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 PWP Si
I read that if you take the staples off of the JDM and your USDM one and swap the bases and re staple, that is the move.