• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Deactivate Parking Brake Without Stepping on the Brake Pedal

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
This is my first Honda that is manual with Electronic Parking Brake instead of an actual handbrake.

Is there a way to make the Parking Brake release without requiring my foot on the brake pedal? It will help tremendously when moving the car off the line and park on a rather steep hill.
Sponsored

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Use the brake hold function. It does exactly what you’re wanting to do by disengaging only when you get the car in gear.

OP
OP

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Brake Hold does what is intended, except it releases the brakes too soon if I don't get to the friction point fast and high enough for the hill I need to start.

If the electronic parking brake can release without having to set your foot on the brake pedal, you can get to the "sweet spot" needed and won't roll back (or roll forward when reversing) when you let go of the parking brake.
Sponsored