• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Parking Sensors in USDM Type Rs - why?

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Yes. Exactly. It’s a marketing/market placement thing. Note that those other regions don’t have Acura either, but basically have Honda equivalents of such…which is why the CTR is more outfitted in other regions, while the US version is more spartan.
In some markets, I actually remember seeing our Acura TSX being badged and sold as the Honda Accord.

Is the current American TLX being branded as an Accord, anywhere in the world right now?
Sponsored

OP
OP
davilla413

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
Correct. I've remedied the situation by getting the OEM Alcantara wheel, the Alcantara JDM shift boot, and the rear seat OEM/JDM suede cover. My car looks the way it was meant to look now.
Where did you get the rear seat cover? I passed on the alcntara wheel, but I’d be interested in having the rear seats match the front better.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
In some markets, I actually remember seeing our Acura TSX being badged and sold as the Honda Accord.

Is the current American TLX being branded as an Accord, anywhere in the world right now?
Yep Acura TSX was sold as the Accord in other markets.

I think the TLX might be North America only and not rebadged in other regions, but I’m not positive.

But yeah, that’s basically what’s going on. The CTR is more outfitted in other markets to compete with those other markets’ more upscale offerings, keeping in mind that the ITS is for North America only. So…we essentially have 2 choices of “CTR” (i.e. CTR and ITS) while other regions only have 1 (not counting the limited edition CTR used at the N-Ring).

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
This is how it looks when you have good lighting and a nice camera. I'll try to take a decent photo with my phone tomorrow, but it won't look as good in the photo as in real life. The reason is that in photos (except this one here) you can see every small particle of dust, and the grain of the suede has to be combed in the perfect direction for it to look nice. In real life those small details don't stand out all that much. But, you definitely need to care for it more. I use a simple lint roller. I also don't have many passengers. So a bit more upkeep, but looks better overall. I'll take a photo tomorrow - enjoy this one for now.

11th Gen Honda Civic No Parking Sensors in USDM Type Rs - why? img_cabin_01

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Here's an iPhone photo. It's not brushed in the same direction, so the photo makes it look 100x worse than in real life.

11th Gen Honda Civic No Parking Sensors in USDM Type Rs - why? Untitled-1

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Medium - you should look at the service manuals (I got a 30day subscription below) to see what you have to do. Took me almost 5 hours.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx
That's a good amount of time and not what I was expecting. I thought this would be a 1-hour job, 2 hours at most. I'll have my guy look at it. If it's a 4-5 hour job, I'm not sure I'm interested. Will need to think this one through.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@urbo73 To be sure I follow, you didn’t replace the entire seats, you bought the upholstery and re-wrapped your existing seats? You said you didn’t buy the pads, so that’s where I’m lost.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
@urbo73 To be sure I follow, you didn’t replace the entire seats, you bought the upholstery and re-wrapped your existing seats? You said you didn’t buy the pads, so that’s where I’m lost.
Correct.
Sponsored