• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Parking Sensors in USDM Type Rs - why?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'm slow and OCD. Someone that does things like this would probably get it done in 2.
Fair and my thoughts. My guy is good so it should take him 1-2 hours.
Sponsored

OP
OP
davilla413

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
I'm genuinely happy this thread has evolved the way it has! Thanks @urbo73 for the pics. I really like the look of it and I too don't have people sit back there, I might add this to my wish list.

majinm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R FL5
It's part of a long list of creature comforts not included. Parking sensors, Homelink, rear seat connectivity, power folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, power seats, interior LED lighting throughout, and the list goes on.

If I'm being honest, I don't mind these items were not included. I also don't believe they were omissions. Honda did a very good job of creating a modern car with some retro elements. If those items mean a lot to you, that's what the ITS is for. Market segmentation at its finest. ;)
A lot of those are probably weight saving measures but the homelink and sensors are the two I expect to be included that wouldn’t have added much weight and should be present at this price point. Anyways small things still love the car

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
A lot of those are probably weight saving measures but the homelink and sensors are the two I expect to be included that wouldn’t have added much weight and should be present at this price point. Anyways small things still love the car
They have some of those features in Japan and Europe, so I doubt it's weight savings. It's a USDM thing, like leather steering wheel, shift boot, and cloth back seats. USDM cars have less, but this case, I prefer it. The less electronics the better for me.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
They have some of those features in Japan and Europe, so I doubt it's weight savings. It's a USDM thing, like leather steering wheel, shift boot, and cloth back seats. USDM cars have less, but this case, I prefer it. The less electronics the better for me.
EUDM fk2 and fk8s (probably fl5s too) also have oil level and oil temp sensors. That's an electronic feature that is really missing in our cars.

Biscuitpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2018 340i
EUDM fk2 and fk8s (probably fl5s too) also have oil level and oil temp sensors. That's an electronic feature that is really missing in our cars.
USA FL5 has oil temp

Biscuitpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2018 340i
That's calculated - just like in the FK8 facelift, there's not a real sensor. K20C1 factory sensors, when installed, are visible below the oil pan.
Interesting. What reason could there be to only include that on eudm cars?

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
Interesting. What reason could there be to only include that on eudm cars?
I assume it's because of their regulations. Here's a pic of an fk8 from the UK. You can see the oil level/temp sensor attached to the oil pan.

11th Gen Honda Civic No Parking Sensors in USDM Type Rs - why? H-FK-802fitonDreamAutomotiveFK8-Type-R_1024x1024

And here's a JDM FL5. No sensor, just the recess. Just like ours.
11th Gen Honda Civic No Parking Sensors in USDM Type Rs - why? vic-type-r-fl5-spoon-sports-type-one-inline-02-min

Zooms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've a CTR made for the Australian market, and I have to say the parking sensors are terrific. We've a lot of tight car parks -- errrr, parking lots -- and the sensors come in handy.
Sponsored