• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Parking Sensors in USDM Type Rs - why?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Wouldn't say it's "small" maybe by todays standards, but generally speaking it's not a small car.
I think it would be nice to have them.. 95% would opt for them if they could i'm sure.
FL5 makes my former ‘09 Si seem tiny. In fact, in terms of length and width it’s nearly the same size as our 2020 MDX in the garage🤣
Sponsored

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
FL5 makes my former ‘09 Si seem tiny. In fact, in terms of length and width it’s nearly the same size as our 2020 MDX in the garage🤣
I believe it! I parked next to a rev 4 the other day.. it looks twice the length 😂

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Y’all, it’s just a gripe…one feature, I feel is lacking*. Nothing more. My point was that in an urban environment where one has tighter quarters and needs to parallel park frequently, sensors are very useful. And having seen how they look on the car in other countries, they wouldn’t bother me aesthetically. And yes I know, you trade off features with the CTR bs the ITS.

*Theres actually one more: the auto dimming rear view. At least that can be remedied with the available conversion, and is on my list.
“iF yoU wAnT tHoSE fEatUrEs YoU sHoUlDvE g0tTeN aN ITS” 😂

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
If I still lived in the Bay Area, parking sensors would almost be a necessity. Now that I'm in the boonies of LA, it's less important but still a nice to have when I head into the city. Interestingly enough, I find it far easier to park the FL5 than I did the FK8. I don't know why but getting the FK8 lined up straight in a parking spot was harder than hell. I just couldn't judge how the car was situated from inside.

As a sidenote, I miss the creature comforts of my 3 series BMW (I love love love the downwards rotating passenger side mirror when in reverse) but at the same time, I have significantly more fun driving the CTR than I did the souless BMW.

Biscuitpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2018 340i
Sidenote: is Japan the only market with "suede" rear seats?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Sidenote: is Japan the only market with "suede" rear seats?
No. The rear seats are suede in at least the UK, Germany, France, Australia, Philippines. Although I'm not certain, it seems the countries that have the Alcantara steering wheel and Alcantara shift boot as standard equipment also get the rear seats in suede.

Biscuitpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2018 340i
No. The rear seats are suede in at least the UK, Germany, France, Australia, Philippines. Although I'm not certain, it seems the countries that have the Alcantara steering wheel and Alcantara shift boot as standard equipment also get the rear seats in suede.
Ah so just the usual removal of features for the USA for absolutely no reason

Kevv_Her

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2018 Type R, 2013 Civic Ex
Can you order those suede rear seats directly from honda? probably cost an arm and a leg.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Correct.
Can you order those suede rear seats directly from honda? probably cost an arm and a leg.
Yes, you can. I'm looking into the feasibility as this is something I'm considering doing.

Kevv_Her

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2018 Type R, 2013 Civic Ex
Correct.

Yes, you can. I'm looking into the feasibility as this is something I'm considering doing.
Definitely on my to-do list once I have my FL5 secured.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Not sure if they sell a more expensive model like the Accord in some of those other countries, but I believe some markets upscale the Civic if the Accord isn't present. Those Civics also get features like power folding mirrors, parking sensors, and some extra goodies we don't get here.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yes. Exactly. It’s a marketing/market placement thing. Note that those other regions don’t have Acura either, but basically have Honda equivalents of such…which is why the CTR is more outfitted in other regions, while the US version is more spartan.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Correct. I've remedied the situation by getting the OEM Alcantara wheel, the Alcantara JDM shift boot, and the rear seat OEM/JDM suede cover. My car looks the way it was meant to look now.
Sponsored