• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
With my limited amount of engineering knowledge I would guess that new turbo inlet plenum is for acoustics. Increasing the air space volume of certain parts of the intake affect acoustics usually. OEMs usually tune this. I am very curious what Hondas reason for it is. Could just be a nice easy way to give a nice detail to the engine bay also.

Great video!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I like that they were trying to figure out the exhaust valve and fake engine noise. But it’s looking like you can’t change the valving in the settings.

OP
OP
Boostlag

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I like that they were trying to figure out the exhaust valve and fake engine noise. But it’s looking like you can’t change the valving in the settings.
Pretty sure sport and R mode will open the valves

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Pretty sure sport and R mode will open the valves
Definitely can’t tell in the video, but I’d assume so. I was hoping you could set that in the custom mode, but can’t tell for sure.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Definitely can’t tell in the video, but I’d assume so. I was hoping you could set that in the custom mode, but can’t tell for sure.
Most valued OEM exhaust is RPM actuated. And opens up during cold starts. However the more expensive cars like AMG's have dedicated buttons. I'm assuming its the former, which is the same as the GRC set up by Toyota (opens at 3k RPM).

If it's anything like rhe VW/Audi ones u can just cold start, and disconnect the plug and just keep it open.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostlag

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
They were in the individual mode. Eitherway even with the valve opened, its pretty restrained from all the drive videos.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Most valued OEM exhaust is RPM actuated. And opens up during cold starts. However the more expensive cars like AMG's have dedicated buttons. I'm assuming its the former, which is the same as the GRC set up by Toyota (opens at 3k RPM).

If it's anything like rhe VW/Audi ones u can just cold start, and disconnect the plug and just keep it open.
I was just basing it off my PP2 Mustang, which wasn’t RPM based.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I was just basing it off my PP2 Mustang, which wasn’t RPM based.
Ya the v8's and more perf stuff can be button or info actuated. Most of the 4cyl options are locked by programming. Time will tell I guess lol. But to Boosts point, 90% of us will get an exhaust lol (if we even get the car that is lol).

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Ya the v8's and more perf stuff can be button or info actuated. Most of the 4cyl options are locked by programming. Time will tell I guess lol. But to Boosts point, 90% of us will get an exhaust lol (if we even get the car that is lol).
Yeah same here, I will definitely be doing dp, exhaust and tune, as soon as something good is available…pending I can get one too lmao

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
JS is awesome. If you're not subscribed to his channel you should be. Great content, eclectic, and interesting. And he's a calm presenter, not shouty and blowhard.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
JS is awesome. If you're not subscribed to his channel you should be. Great content, eclectic, and interesting. And he's a calm presenter, not shouty and blowhard.
Formerly of Fifth Gear, if memory serves.