• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I hope that it opens the exhaust up but
Yes, very interesting. Did he let slip or is he misinformed?
I feel like he was saying things without saying things due to embargo.

Deep down we all know it best the ring time. Don't we?
Sponsored

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
I wonder if the aluminum shifter surround trim would fit the current Si?

OP
OP
Boostlag

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
i think its pretty common sense to think the improved stiffer chassis, more tires and refined suspension is going to be faster.

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Love Jonny Smith, BTW! Check out his Podcast with Richard Porter (Former writer for Top Gear and Grand Tour) called Smith and Sniff. Very British, but if you are a TG and FG fan it's relatable.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Intentional slip to keep the hype going is my guess.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Great video, thank you for posting it.

Some definite improvements - looks like better information from the gauges, more power, no doubt better cooling, more downforce(?) - even though it doesn't look like it, certainly better dash than my FK8, although I still don't like a screen sticking up out of the dash, possibly thinner A pillars for better visibility, more structural rigidity, lighter wheels for less unsprung weight, more sound, easier ingress and egress, more functional vents. Seats were about perfect, so hopefully the new ones are as good or better - can't tell just by looking.
All that said, I much prefer the look of the FK8. And I am still not clear if this will be lighter or heavier - aluminum hood, great, but it may be a touch heavier due to additional steel used to stiffen it further, and based on what info has leaked.
I can't wait for a test drive. Not by me, that is not likely based on past no test drive policies on the FK8. But at least by the better auto journos.
Sponsored