• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did I get robbed paying 5k$ over msrp considering I live in Hawaii ( Honolulu )?

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
The joy of owning and driving what is one of the very best enthusiast daily drivers available - at any price is was more important than the deal you got. At the end of their life, nobody looks back and says ' I wish I had paid less for...' What they do say is ' I wish I had gone ahead and...'
Money is important - but time is priceless.
Don't worry about paying the wrong price - just focus on getting the right car.
Which, by the way, you absolutely did.
Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
These ADM discussions are pretty interesting. I almost paid an ADM, ironically it would have been $5k over. I actually got in a huge fight with my wife over it, because she called me an idiot for even thinking about it.

She was abso-fucking-lutely right.

The literal interpretation of an ADM is that you are giving the dealership more money than the manufacturer suggested it costs. The value of "worth" will vary per individual, but the objective fact is that you are literally throwing money away. There is NO escaping that immutable fact.

Now, if you literally "can't wait", then it's worth it to you. I just bought an 32" OLED 4K monitor about 2 months ago, it was the first one on the market. That exact same monitor could be had for $300 less, and there's another one that just hit the market for about the same, so availability isn't an issue now either. Do I feel that the $300 I spent just to have that monitor a couple months earlier is worth it? Sure. Do I feel dumb about it? Yeah, a little. But overall, I had fun with that monitor riding out the end of the cold shitty months I'm not really enjoying my car so yeah, to me it was "worth" it.

But from a psychological perspective, this very thread implies you are struggling with it. It's not too late to back out, is all I'm saying. If you're comfortable with seeing someone, IN HAWAII, a couple months or even year from now getting an FL5 at MSRP and you think you'll be totally cool with it- maybe you'll be ok.

But the regret manifests in silly ways. Like people lurking around these boards for months after trading their Type Rs at a loss for a CR-V... or piling on literally any thread that mentions the DE5 to trash it lol. Don't be that guy, is all I ask.

OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
i like my type r very much its my first stick so the only thing however i can’t get the full potential of it since its my first driving stick, kept stalling on hills lol

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
New cars are easier to learn on. You’ll be good in 6 months. I remember learning on my new 2000 Si. The manual ebrake comes in handy on hills. Not sure how the electric ebrake works on hills.

OP
OP

CantWait

First Name
Andry Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
New cars are easier to learn on. You’ll be good in 6 months. I remember learning on my new 2000 Si. The manual ebrake comes in handy on hills. Not sure how the electric ebrake works on hills.
i usually use the break hold everytime i start the car but every time i stall it turns off so i have to use the brake hold again. It helps a lot
Sponsored