• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
YMMV but IMO the S2000 isn't a good daily driver. It's very noisy and rattly. But driving it spiritedly, what a feeling...
IMO the CTR and S2000 complement each other perfectly.
For some reason, I agree with you...
Sponsored

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Would love the opportunity to drive an S2000 one day, doubt it will happen though...
Only ever got to drive one in Gran Turismo 😆

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I really want a "raw" driving experience at some point in a road-legal car. I've been karting a few times, and i doubt any road car will compare, but there can't be many cars that beat the cars from the 80s and 90s (EK9, S2000, OG NSX, OG Elise, etc.)

Reactions: Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I really want a "raw" driving experience at some point in a road-legal car. I've been karting a few times, and i doubt any road car will compare, but there can't be many cars that beat the cars from the 80s and 90s (EK9, S2000, OG NSX, OG Elise, etc.)
True that. Raw NA engines are a blast! Not to mention the more mechanical feel; cars today are quicker around a lap but cars back then had a dangerous feel to them 😏

11th Gen Honda Civic Don’t Pay Markups 7VtL

GJPEN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX STI
True that. Raw NA engines are a blast! Not to mention the more mechanical feel; cars today are quicker around a lap but cars back then had a dangerous feel to them 😏

7VtL.gif
Ya my goal for second car for that reason is either Alpha 4C or a late model Lotus Exige / Evora S. Not much else ( outside the usual suspects, Miata n Toyota 86) newish I believe to get that experience.

Reactions: Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Ya my goal for second car for that reason is either Alpha 4C or a late model Lotus Exige / Evora S. Not much else ( outside the usual suspects, Miata n Toyota 86) newish I believe to get that experience.
86 would be a lot of fun, can basically drive that car as hard as you want. Some bolt-ons and sticky tires is all you'd really need. Car has a great balance @ stock.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty

Aerial Atom would give you the cart feeling, super light and fast.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Aerial Atom would give you the cart feeling, super light and fast.
Yeah. It crossed my mind, but I was also thinking of "real" cars that you could take out on a rainy day if needed. Not that many would voluntarily take an original NSX or EK9 out in inclement weather... But I've also seen how some people rebuild their EK9s with 400hp motors

Tangentially, I always wanted to import an R34 GT-R (prices were realistic 10 years ago when I started sitting on the idea), but now, I'd rather have the Atom if I'm going to have a garage queen that I reserve for a sunny day. Cheaper, more lively driving experience, a little less street cred, but oh well 🤷‍♂️

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
How about an MR-S?

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I can highly recommend an E46 M3 - that raw visceral experience is exactly what I was after and I had to go through a few cars before I found it in the E46. That is a car I will never sell 👍

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I can highly recommend an E46 M3 - that raw visceral experience is exactly what I was after and I had to go through a few cars before I found it in the E46. That is a car I will never sell 👍
Looked at the used prices and issues with "the big 3". Not gonna lie, if I could find a clean used example at $15k, it'd be appealing because maintenance would take me up to the $30k mark I'm sure (exaggerating, but you get my drift). I'm not sure that I would trust this as a primary car, but I'll bet it was a hoot, and still is, for you.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Looked at the used prices and issues with "the big 3". Not gonna lie, if I could find a clean used example at $15k, it'd be appealing because maintenance would take me up to the $30k mark I'm sure (exaggerating, but you get my drift). I'm not sure that I would trust this as a primary car, but I'll bet it was a hoot, and still is, for you.
It's my garage queen. I'm lucky that I have a low mileage, mint manual one for summer use & roadtrips. Once the big jobs are done it's just a case of keeping on top of maintenance.

Buy the best you can afford!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It's my garage queen. I'm lucky that I have a low mileage, mint manual one for summer use & roadtrips. Once the big jobs are done it's just a case of keeping on top of maintenance.

Buy the best you can afford!
rod bearings and rear subframe reinforcement are the most costly thing to do. Besides the general low build quality of the interior where pieces were glued on and they all eventually fall off.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
rod bearings and rear subframe reinforcement are the most costly thing to do. Besides the general low build quality of the interior where pieces were glued on and they all eventually fall off.
99% of cars have had subframe sorted now, and many have had rod bearings. These things definitely need doing. Bit lost on the quality point though - interior build quality is high unless you pick up a battered one. I don't know anyone that's had bits fall off 🤷‍♂️