• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
For those shipping your cars from dealership, are you going open or enclosed route? I'm torn as the enclosed trailer is $700 more and will require the handler to slither in and out through the window due to the limited space of the enclosed trailer..
I've shipped many cars over the years and always go open auto transport. I would only go enclosed for unique circumstances. For what it's worth, these vehicles arrive at your local Honda dealership via open auto transport.

CTRfan_boi

First Name
Rish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
No they don’t know where the car is. According to them it’s still in CA. Mine has prod date 1/10
Have you tired forcing them to contact their corporate rep? From what I'm reading here, a lot of dealerships get updates from their corporate reps on when their car is.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Got a call from another NE dealer this morning that a car that showed as in production as of last week is in California now, so I can confirm what others are seeing.
which dealer? was this a previous allocation or part of group 3?

hockeyman316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si coupe
He's going to do the paperwork as he said that he would be bringing the car directly to the town hall. My only gripe is that I want to drive it home if they can't bring it on a trailer.
My brother bought a car in MA, they have a law their cars must be registered before they can drive them off the lot and drove to his local town hall in NH to register it, i think it has something to do with the taxes being part of the registration.

As was previously mentioned, if you haven’t yet i would ask your local town hall what they require to register the car. Most times it’s just the purchase and sales agreement and you may be able to do the leg work yourself so you can pick up the car

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
My brother bought a car in MA, they have a law their cars must be registered before they can drive them off the lot and drove to his local town hall in NH to register it, i think it has something to do with the taxes being part of the registration.

As was previously mentioned, if you haven’t yet i would ask your local town hall what they require to register the car. Most times it’s just the purchase and sales agreement and you may be able to do the leg work yourself so you can pick up the car
I spoke to the salesperson; he said they would put dealer plates on it and he would join me on the trip from the dealership to the town hall in my city. They have sales tax included in the agreement, so he would be coming in with me to help with all the paperwork required to get it registered. He said I can drive on dealer plates no issues. I read more about it: looks like Massachusetts allows the usage of dealer plates in certain circumstances, quote, "Although not specifically spelled out in the Regulations, the Registrar has determined that a dealer can use a Dealer Plate on vehicles the dealer buys or sells and transports to or from auctions, to or from other dealers lots, and during delivery to a buyer." So sales tax is paid off to the dealer at the Maine rate, while the town hall would be collecting excise tax and other registration charges, as per their website. For now, I am just waiting for the car to arrive; by the looks of it, it seems that the original ETA of next week might not hold true.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Have you tired forcing them to contact their corporate rep? From what I'm reading here, a lot of dealerships get updates from their corporate reps on when their car is.
My dealership's sales manager says they can't. Just a wait and watch game for me at this point.

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations Screenshot_20230215_191742_Messages

hockeyman316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si coupe
I spoke to the salesperson; he said they would put dealer plates on it and he would join me on the trip from the dealership to the town hall in my city. They have sales tax included in the agreement, so he would be coming in with me to help with all the paperwork required to get it registered. He said I can drive on dealer plates no issues. I read more about it: looks like Massachusetts allows the usage of dealer plates in certain circumstances, quote, "Although not specifically spelled out in the Regulations, the Registrar has determined that a dealer can use a Dealer Plate on vehicles the dealer buys or sells and transports to or from auctions, to or from other dealers lots, and during delivery to a buyer." So sales tax is paid off to the dealer at the Maine rate, while the town hall would be collecting excise tax and other registration charges, as per their website. For now, I am just waiting for the car to arrive; by the looks of it, it seems that the original ETA of next week might not hold true.
That’s so cool they were willing to work with you. Very happy for you :)